CS Price check | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CS Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by riverflyer, May 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    #26 h2oskier, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    yes.

i've been watching these things for a year now waiting for a larger drop. the ford gt was another i was watching and they have all dumped almost 40k. i'm surprised still that the CS's haven't dropped as much.

most of them were 200k plus just a year ago. so they have dropped about 10-15% so far.
    there's one for sale on this board started at 175k with 11k miles now he's down to 160k asking price. i bet he'd take 150k

i'm patient. i want the right one.

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    One should never deny the market....too bad.

3. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I totally agree. Why put something up for sale that will never sell at that price. Odd in my opinion.

Really no different then 80% of the CGT's on the market right now. Those owners are in the same denial period. The CGT's selling are low 300's and upper 200's. That's just the realistic price for today's economy.

4. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004

Good CGT's are selling in the mid 300s. I know several that sold just recently, one for $360K with over 10K miles. It all depends on the car and the buyer.

5. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA

I've been watching them as well. I think the best one to sell recently on the westcoast was Fred's. I think he was asking 360k but I'm sure came down some. That was a couple months ago I believe. You are correct it just takes the correct buyer for the car. There are MANY guys sitting in the wings waiting for them all to be down at 300k. After a year of the Dow hovering where it is. Many sitting will re-evaluate their cash positions and most likely break free of the selling for 375k dream they have. The guys in the 400's just crack me up. No different than a 200k CS right now imho. CGT's are a good car. Worth more then any other Porsche. Just not worth double any other Porsche. GT2's have already dumped over 10% in the last 2 months.

6. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Great responses and right on the money. There are some smokin deals out there, but same for all exotics.

I'll take the $177 scud please.

7. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    #32 Bill S, May 8, 2009
    Many CGT owners are not selling because they need to, and many don't care about the Dow. I know several that just want to try something else, or the car doesn't get into their new house so well. They will not sell unless they get the price they want.

The CGT is the most unique road car that Porsche ever created, and may not be duplicated for many years. Nearly every part is new for the CGT, so in that regard it can't be compared to the other Porsche cars.

This is also true, but to a much lesser extent, with the CS. In the CS brochure, Ferrari says the following, which I suspect Porsche could also say about the CGT:

...Ten years on (from the early 1990s) this gradual change (ability to customize you car) brings a touch of nostalgia. Nostalgia for the pure, basic Ferrari, which models like the F50 and Enzo have reiterated, even if their numbers have been limited.

With the Challenge Stradale, Ferrari now returns to the pure essentials of a racing car that can be used on the road. Anything that does not increase performance and safety has been cut to the bare bones, or eliminated. The result is a very light, nimble sports car that rides like a racing car, with pinpoint, responsive handling...The car is uncompromisingly performance-oriented, and reflects both the experience gained by drivers who have travelled thousands of miles competing in the Challenge Championship all over the world, and the advanced experimentation undertaken with the 360 GT in the FIA World Championship.

8. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I don't disagree that most of the owners won't have to sell. They just won't get what they want if they REALLY want to sell. The CGT is a special car. Although I don't like the looks of Enzo's it can't be compared to one. Most enzo's are with collectors and most CGT's are being driven. Why wouldn't you. The problem that's always plagued Porsche ( I have 4 of them so I'm not bashing ) is they tend to replace vehicles so fast owners never have a chance at resale. Yes they haven't come out with a 700hp CGT yet but believe me they will. It won't be the typical 997 replacement but it will be replaced sooner than later.

I love the car. They sound and drive amazing. Very nice piece of equipment and I really enjoy that it Says Porsche on the crest and not another car companies. I'm a true blood Porsche lover. For the money I would still take 2 fine examples of the CS before one CGT. They had almost the same quantity of built specimens I believe. CGT's hovered just over 1200 I think and the CS's are said to be maybe 1400 world wide. The CS is more nimble and for 95% of driving situations a car which causes bigger smiles. Easier drivers as well.

Hands down you can't go wrong with either. I do hope to have both added to my stable one day.

9. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    $360k for a 10k mile car is simply ridiculous and clearly an outlier in the current market. I'm aware of 3 sub 2k mile black cars that sold in the winter for that.

I can buy 10k mile cars for much less than 300. Someone WAY overpaid.

10. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    #35 Bill S, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good post... although I've been driving my Enzo more than my CGT, and there are other Enzo owners with 30K+ miles on their car! But I like Porsche too! The GT3 RS, like the CS, is a great driving car, and it look good too!

There are things about these special cars that can't be explained with numbers. BTW, the Enzo looks a lot better in person...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    I saw these cars today and they were both VERY nice.

12. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Looks okay to me. :)

13. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Sold my CS 4 mos. ago. Great condition w/8K miles, sold for $150K's. Market has dropped 10% since then. Do the math. One real reference point for all you armchair quarterbacks. Best.

14. jj525

jj525 Karting

Feb 8, 2009
    Virginia, Florida
    I'm a ready buyer for a 5K mile CS in the $130s.

PM me if you have a damage free car.

15. Testarossa13

Testarossa13 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tony Jr.
    #40 Testarossa13, May 8, 2009
    James you current car is an F430 not a F340..Edit your personal profile...Enjoy ciao

16. oldchop

oldchop Rookie

Jan 1, 2009
    CS value all over the place, guess expected against gurrent economic conditions, some "low" some "high" and willing buyer willing seller theory like anyone else. From the posts I guess two that you may consider on the "high" side- Ferrari Greenwich sold two CS's in last three months- both serviced and scud red with stripe, one with 4,100- $191k, other with 2300 miles- $197k. Just thought I would share info. Some will say these sales were too high but apparently the buyers were ok with I guess. . . .

17. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    Was in Miller on Wendsday for an item, and they just took in an 04 Scuderia CS with 4800 miles.
    Car is perfect.. Asking 191,500, so it appears they feel the market is still there.

18. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I agree...Modenafan's CS is PERFECT!!!

Tim

19. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA

if those cars actually sold 3 months ago at that price and not offered numbers under it just means there are two owners out there that have lost about 20-30k in two months.

20. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    GL!

21. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Good CSs with stripe with Rosso Corsa or Rosso Scuderia are changing hands privately for $180K+. If you see less than than that, or if the car is sitting, there may be something wrong with it or it's a different color or no stripe. Too many people want a good CS and are willing to pay for it. They are just hard to find or inspect thoroughly.

I was ready to buy a "perfect" local CS for about $180K, but upon inspection it was not perfect. Beware of custom 3M film application with the edge of the film along the paint. That may indicate razor cuts on the paint.

22. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Can you post the less than perfect CS or PM me w/ details?

23. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    I'd prefer not to because it's currently for sale and I may be more picky then another buyer. I recommend checking a car yourself before purchasing.

24. brainbizz

brainbizz Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    OK
    I know when I found the perfect low miles CS I just purchased it and did not really care about price. I knew it was a keeper paid a slight premium from a dealer but had peace of mind. They know people want to add a CS to their collection and most will pay a slight premium for the right car. Sure it may sit for a while but if you do not need the money... The problem exist that a lot of the cars available are not pristine despite such claims. This muddies the waters in regards to pricing and cars sitting.

25. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That should NEVER happen with an experienced installer!