The Associated Press LeBron James F430 Spider | FerrariChat

The Associated Press LeBron James F430 Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by horsmanp, May 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    The didn't say what modifications were made to fit LeBron in that car. It didn't look stretched like the Gallardo done for Shaq.

He's a big guy...

Frank

2. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    Almost like they cut into the back wall to make it fit...

3. m3forlife

m3forlife Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    yup exactly what they did

4. Francesco_Baracca

Francesco_Baracca Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Unique is taking over...good for them.

5. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    The guys are Unique do some DEEP modifications. I love catching their show when I can... sometimes a little too much drama (ala Orange County Chopper), but in the end at the reveal, it's worth it.

6. F1dreamer

F1dreamer Karting

Nov 10, 2008
    Atlanta
    It still seemed like his knees were up to the paddles, I knew that he was tall but not that tall!

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #8 TheMayor, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
    I like mine better. It fits my 5'7" frame perfectly... just the way "Enzo" envisioned it.

8. V40RaCeR

V40RaCeR Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Anyone see the headrest? I thought the Lebron logo instead of the prancing horse was the sickest mod they did.

9. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    Ehhhhh, I don't know if I'd be letting Unique do that if were LeBron! I've seen that show and their work, and they aren't engineers, at all. That place is more like a high-end stereo installation shop that mounts rims. I don't mean to dis them but if there's structural integrity at play (as there certainly is in the firewall), I'd take it anywhere but them.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When you say "sick", you mean as in "tasteless", right?

11. F1dreamer

F1dreamer Karting

Nov 10, 2008
    Atlanta
    What ^ (he) said......

12. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    +1

Early in the AM and in zero-gravity, I'm a towering 5' 8"... so I fit perfectly.

13. silk32

silk32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2005
    ASS MASS N.Attleboro
    Full Name:
    matt
    i duno if i'd ever let Unique touch any of my cars. there was a post awhile back how they botched a job on some other NBA players suv.

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #15 ryalex, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    Note where the headrest is: at the base of his neck. Why didn't he do the thinner sport seats?

Edit: pitbull?? :rolleyes:

15. Vuongnguyen05

Vuongnguyen05 Karting

May 16, 2008
    I've seen their work first hand and here are my conclusions

Appearance: looks really good at first sight, the stitching and sewing are good but not great, fit and finish of sound system is also good.

Quality of work: Where do I begin on this one. The wiring job is absolutely horrendous with wires and cables all over the place. They use a crap load of plexi that weighs a ton, their bodywork is absolutely garbage and many of the interior pieces are spray painted with no primer. My friend also had them modify the seat to fit him (he's a big dude at 6'9 315lbs) and they simply cut into the floor and welded the seat back on. Total crap in terms of craftsmanship and the biggest rip off for this type of work.

I guess he is so used to having ignorant rappers and athletes who don't even think twice about money pay whatever he charges, that he forgets what real quality work is. Stay away if you want quality work to be done on your car as this place does not do any.

16. WyattH

WyattH Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Wyatt Hanson
  17. Billdemart

Billdemart Karting

Mar 30, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Billy D
    If you are referring to the dog in the video, I don't think it's a Pit Bull. Way too tall.

18. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    It's not a Pitbull.....It looks like a Neopolitan Mastiff to me.

19. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
  20. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    No, he was driving the F430 when he picked up his MVP award a few days ago. Here in Cleveland, we naturally had tons of local tv coverage and part of that was when he arrived at the press conference. He was shown in the gray/red combo F430 with the same rims shown in that video, so he still has it.

21. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thought so. My parents live near him and said he recently took a ride back to St V/St M and his old neighborhood in that car.

22. vancoops456

vancoops456 Karting

Dec 21, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    A. Van Coops
    the car in dupont had blk inserts. his does not.

23. Unique is nothing more then a stereo install shop that knows how to stitch a few pieces of fabric and spray paint some trim pieces. They ruined that car - not that anyone who brings their cars to such shops can tell. Instantly upon first site you can tell that the leather on the headrest is darker then the seats due to the custom logo/number. You can also tell that the rear prancing horse emblem was replaced by some stupid King James/Jersey # logo or some other garbage. The rear fire wall was cut into essentially making the car worthless.

All these custom chop shops are essentially targeting only rappers and athletes. I don't think anybody else except those two groups of people bring their cars there.

24. JustAl

JustAl Karting

Dec 23, 2005
    I believe it's a Cane Corso. Like the Ferrari, it's also Italian.