Ferris Bueller Movie Set Tour - PICTURES | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferris Bueller Movie Set Tour - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Mar 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Wow, looks like they cut back the trees , when I drove back there we had a couple guys pulling the tree branches back, the Boxer is lots wider than ours.. looks like it was a great event, sorry we couldn't get down there, we just have way too many projects going at once.. we have 5 cars apart to varying degrees... still wish I had just had the time.. would have loved to hang out with everyone a few hours enjoying the company of friends and cars instead of breaking nails and working on the darn things..
    Did you guys get to see any of the pics of the Mr and Mrs Rose's cars from the days when they used to race? When I was there she showed us a bunch of vintage photos..

2. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Looked like a great event. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is my favorite movie.

Save Ferris! :)

--Grant

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #78 tifosi12, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    It was the German song Ferris sang on top of the German float during the parade. Hughes took German lessons in High School and had to learn that song and hated it from the bottom of his heart. And he is right, it is the ultimate in schmalz.

BTW: Some people on that float did NOT know that they were shooting a movie and thought for real Ferris just joined the band to sing "Danke schoen" and "Twist and shout".

Darn! First I heard you (I was in the garage) and then I saw the taillights through the bushes. I run after you, but you were gone. Wish you had stopped by. :(

The realtor's daughter runs a model agency and brought them along. They had their own photographer, maybe this will end up in a mag like CS?

We were hoping you'd bring the GTO-R. Would have been the perfect fit: The correct decade and the correct body material ;)

4. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #80 Chelle, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    LOL! now that's funny... Mrs Rose told us that after they crashed the California replica that it didn't look "distressed" enough because the fiberglass didn't dent, so they had a few crew members go down into the ravine and beat it up a little more, then I think it was the convertible top boot got laid across a crack in the fiberglass.

Dave, you put the tag one it :) love it.. we did that too. This pic was from the school

I wanted to be there too, finally got headlight covers and trim rings done and on the car..
    I look forward to seeing everyone at maybe the next event... sorry we missed everyone
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Mobius Entwine

Mobius Entwine Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #81 Mobius Entwine, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    Nobody had a scissors jack?

6. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #82 Carsleuth, May 18, 2009
    Cool! I gotta take some pics of it at it's new home! BTW here's my ps of the spinning wheel.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    One of the best movie lines ever: "You killed the car".

Followed by "Bueller.... Bueller.... Bueller"

Perhaps followed by "so THAT'S how it is in their family!"

I always wondered where they shot that movie. Thanks for the pics!!!

8. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Gee thank Andeas for all those flattery shots of me, but at least I had the right jacket on, LOL. Sure was fun and a great event, might be the highlight of the season.

9. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    Not to self:
    Visit the Chicago area forum more often..... It's a shame I missed this event.

Awesome photo's, thanks for sharing!!

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sorry mate.

This truly was a once in a lifetime opportunity and will remain forever a highlight of my years as a Ferrari owner. There are very few moments like this one. Doing a lap at the Indy USGP is about on the same level. Driving through the factory gates at Maranello would be similar (dream on).

11. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #87 Carsleuth, May 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
    Found 2 old videos I took from 2006. I was just getting into cars and didn't know much. I had no idea how rare a 250 California Spyder was. All I had was a point and shoot Kodak. (that took video) So I saw this in California at the last Crystal Cove meet. It is authentic and as soon as I found the videos (cleaning off MORE hard drive space) I thought of this thread. So here you go:

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/Carsleuth/?action=view&current=100_3797.flv
    http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/Carsleuth/?action=view&current=100_3752.flv

12. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    We were mentioned:
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=296100

Very cool!

13. club411

club411 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    West Loop Chicago
    Full Name:
    Raymond
    I am sorry I missed this... One of the models (Nina Blonde) Is one of my very good friends..pissed she didn't tell me!

14. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I just caught this thread today. Thanks for posting, FBDO was a huge part of my life growing up.

15. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    Is there an open house on Saturday? I'll be in the area :D

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #93 tifosi12, May 28, 2009
    This is the thread that keeps on giving:

Today we had a TV shot for the NBC Today Show at the garage. My car would have made it and just as the reporter was about to put his foot on the front bumper to give it a push, the glorious sound of a V12 announced the arrival of the 250 GTO-R.

So we swapped cars and the Haley-Chelle-Mobile will be now featured nationwide one of these mornings. The last picture is the "special effects" shot where the presenter gives the car a push and in the back you see Chelle actually moving the car backwards. ;)

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    But wait, there is more good news:

Back by popular demand: For all those who missed the first party, there will be another one on Sunday, June 7th. People who bring a Ferrari are encouraged to put it into the famous garage. This event will not be related to FCA or FOC, but is strictly run by the realtor.

If somebody is interested, let me know please (by posting here or sending me a PM) and I'll get you in touch with the realtor.

18. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    LOL!
    looks great Andreas!

19. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #96 Dave Bendl, May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
    Wow!
    Any idea what day it will air Andreas?

Dave

20. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Today show is shot live, so I'm guessing it was this morning. Please tell me someone recorded it...?

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #98 Darolls, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    Congrats Halley and Chelle, glad you made it for the take! The car is lookin' good........

Luv Ya

P.S. Chelle, love your boots! :)

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #99 tifosi12, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
    While the Today Show is live, this segment is being pre recorded and will air at a later time. They said early next week and told me, that they will send me an email alert. Not sure I can rely on that though. If somebody has a Tivo, might be a good idea to just program recording the Today show for next week.

It will be cute, because they will intersperse it with shots from the actual movie. In fact they knew quite a bit about the movie etc (like e.g. that his was NOT Ferris' home). For the stuff they didn't know, I filled in...;)

23. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Alright. I'll Tivo it.