G'day from Down Under | FerrariChat

G'day from Down Under

Discussion in '308/328' started by myfazzman1, May 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. myfazzman1

myfazzman1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 25, 2009
    down under,australia
    Full Name:
    peter
    #1 myfazzman1, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi there fellow F'Chatters.

My name is Peter

I am in Australia and following a lifelong dream,am now the proud owner of a 1984 308 GTSi QV!

I can not begin to say a HUGE thank you to all on this site,it has been the immense source of much knowledge,some humourous laughs at times and above all the best reason for being connected to the Net!

I look forward to being a regular and thank you one and all!!!

Here is a picture of my pride and joy taken at the Victorian Ferrari Club Concours last month.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Welcome and congratulations!

Great looking car, I love the colour.

Tell us a little more about the car!

Above all, enjoy it, as well as your stay here.

3. MrSweden

MrSweden Karting

Sep 30, 2008
    Hasslö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Max
    Lovely color on the car, more pics and a little story around the car when you have the time. Hmmmm way are you all looking at the F355 in the picture ;-)

// Mr Sweden

4. redgear

redgear Karting

Jul 18, 2008
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Alan S
    Hi Peter

WELCOME!! That's a MIGHTY FINE looking car there - I am from Oz (Melbourne ) as well and look forward to meeting up with you in the not too distant future.
    Unf I was unable to attend that day due to other (happy) family events.

Some questions for you - was that car from WA - I was looking at 308's a while back and saw what I thought was a really good one being advertised over there??

WHo is going to do your servicing?

Tell us about the history of the car - S/No, n of owners, delivery, kms etc etc - how many you looked at before buying - why you bought that one??

5. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Welcome. Great car and GREAT color and congrats....

6. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    CONGRATS!!!! And WELCOME.

Beautiful Color !!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing more of your car.

Oh, BTW, you reversed the pic before you posted it. The steering wheel is on the wrong (passenger) side :)D).

7. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Fantastic color! I love the blue. I was noticing you have a Euro 308, but the mirrors are not euro?

8. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    #8 b27, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
    Welcome to F-Chat Peter. Beautiful car. There is another owner of a car just like yours in this colour in Oz so you'll have great support.

Look forward to seeing you in the Oz section.

BTW was that pic taken at the recent FCA event down at Birrarung marr? Was a great day. ;) Doh

9. FF8929

FF8929 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2008
    Livonia, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Fred Flynn
    Well done.

10. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    Well done on the QV. Are you comming to the Queensland Ferrari club Rally in September, it would be great to see you and the car in person! There are a few in the aussie section comming up and you may be able to tag along which is always a great deal of pleasure.
    Cheers MG

11. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Great looking car, Peter! Welcome to F-Chat and the world Ferrari Tifosi :)

12. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I noticed you have a Euro with the US side mirror, but all in all it's a great looking car. I love the color.:)

13. myfazzman1

myfazzman1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 25, 2009
    down under,australia
    Full Name:
    peter
    Hi there fellow F'chatters,

What a huge welcome,thank you all so much!!!

To answer all your questions and please forgive anyone I may have missed!!

1/In Australia our steering wheel is on the right hand side and we drive on the left,like the UK.

2/All Australian delivered 308 QV's and 328's came with the USA type outside rear view mirrors,not the European spec ones.A government ruling I think? Australian 308 QV's ran on "super" petrol,unleaded not yet being introduced at the time and were 240 HP rated.

3/The chassis no. is 52763,production date is September 1984,delivered new to first owner in Australia in October 1984

4/I am the third owner and bought her in September 2008 and when purchased she had 42,313 genuine kilometres on the clock(not sure what that is in miles!)She cam with all tools/books and full service history which I intend to maintain!!!

5/The colour is Azzuro (code 505/C) with cream leather interior.I think our US friends know it as Azzuro California?She was the first 308 I looked at and fell in love! Although I did lot's of research on the model and armed myself with "Original Ferrari V8" by Keith Bluemel.

6/For our local F'chatters,yes the car came from Western Australia,having been originally delivered new in South Australia.

7/Servicing and maintenance? That's a good question. I like to think I am a reasonable "shade tree" mechanic but so far the only work needed was to overhaul the rear brake calipers due to leak and that was done by Black Stallion Motors here in Melbourne and that experience was positive!

8/NO!!! That's not me looking at the 355 in the photo(like to think I have a bit more hair up top!),yes the pic.was taken at the Melbourne Ferrari Club Concours(the only non red 308 GTS on the day if I remember right) and it was a great day out!

thanks again guys,

Pete

14. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Great car! Awesome color! Please do make this a regular place to visit and post...

Drive her in peace

Jedi

15. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northen California
    Full Name:
    Ken
    One of the best color for a 308!

16. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Welcome to the world of Ferrari's. May the grin never leave your face :)

17. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Great looking car - congrats!!! Drive her and enjoy; these cars are a ton of fun.
    MB