I need help please | FerrariChat

I need help please

Discussion in '206/246' started by need4speed, Jun 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    #1 need4speed, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Guys,

I need help with checking the front passenger side vent on the front trunk cover. I recently got my car back after 2 1/2 years in the bodyshop and my memory fades. But I don't recall what I have now as the norm. Please see the attached pics.

Notice in the first pic that the interior rubber trim is visible in the top right corner of the vent.

In the second pic, there is a notch in the vent tray in the same spot. Should the notch be there? Why am I seeing the rubber trim squeezed like that?

Thanks,

Manny
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jon Hansen

Jon Hansen Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2007
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Jon Hansen
    #2 Jon Hansen, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Your drip tray has been cut. The drip tray should look like the profile in this picture. The black one is OEM.

Was the car ever hit in the left front by any chance? If so, the front fiberglass tub could be off center slightly now causing an interference situation on one side. How is the clearance on the other side?

It looks like the new hood seal wouldn't allow the hood to close because the vent drip tray was hitting the rubber, and someone has trimmed the corner off the metal drip tray.

3. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Jon,

Thank you very much. And yes, the car was damaged in the front. Hence the 2.5 years in the bodyshop. I guess she'll be going back to have this corrected. :(

Manny

4. Jon Hansen

Jon Hansen Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2007
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Jon Hansen
    #4 Jon Hansen, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
    If the fiberglass tub is that far off, I would suspect the front structure (trellis) is not centered.
    I recommend you get a second and third opinion before going back to the shop that did the work.
    The front end usually needs to come off to straighten the trellis properly.
    It may also be that only the tub was repaired off center etc.
    Take a few measurements and post some more pics so we can help you diagnose what is going on.

I think I have a few more drip trays if you need another.