Broken 360 Wheel from Road Atlanta | FerrariChat

Broken 360 Wheel from Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by WJC, Jun 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Long Long time ago - 2000 - 2001 - when I was the absolute craziest car nut around - I ended up with a Ferrari 360 Challenge wheel (and front bumper) from a car racing with Shelton Ferrari.

Just inside the wheel is a Shelton sticker with "#20" written on it - is this the car number or the tire number? I have done a small search looking for entry lists for 2000, 2001, and 2002 but it doesn't seem to match up to a car that crashed out. Anyone have any advice?

The wheel is perfect except for a nice 8 inch piece of the front lip is missing - is it worth anything?

2. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    The #20 would usually be the car number that the wheel goes to. As for the value, how much does scrap aluminum bring these days?

3. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    How much would you be looking to get?

4. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    $14/ton would be a fair price for scrap aluminum

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    might be able to get a wheel shop to repair it "cosmetically"

6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Driver was Wayne Jackson and that was 2000

7. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    How did you end up getting it? I would love to own some Ferrari trinkets, especially something like that. PM me if you dont want to respond here.

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    It was as simple as walking around the pits..looking for a car that was damaged and ask if you can have the broken parts. If you do this..make sure you have permission from the owner of the car and not just the mechanics. After my wreck in Watkins Glen I saw some kid walk by with my front bumper. I asked him where he got it..kid said mechanics let him have it. Being a bit of a fan of Ferrari junk myself I actually wanted to keep a few of my smashed up parts. I gave the mechanic who gave it away some new instructions regarding the parts off my car.

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I've always wanted a Ferrari wheel to use as a hose reel. Post a pic please.

10. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Sorry I haven't posted about this - I am trying to start a business and it is taking up all of my time!

Thank you very much! I have been trying to find this information for a while but couldn't find anything.

Just like Challenge64 said, I just walked up to look at the cars and the team was packing up and was leaving the wheel behind. They offered it to me and I certainly accepted.

That is an awesome idea. I never thought about that. And here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    that's a beautiful wheel