Road rage yesterday! | FerrariChat

Road rage yesterday!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by TheMayor, Jul 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So, yesterday I saw first hand my first road rage incident!

I was going down the 405 highway in LA at a remarkable 70 MPH in my Mini Cooper. To my right this white Nissan sedan passes me pretty quickly, maybe going 80. Then, a white BMW 3 series right behind him on his tail.

The Nissan pulls in front of me. The BMW pulls along side of him. Then, I see the BMW reach behind him and pull out an aluminum BASEBALL BAT! He puts his arm out the window and then tries to ram the Nissan while swinging the bat with one arm and driving with the other.

The Nissan sees the BMW pull over and he makes an emergency left into the next lane. Lucky for us all, there wasn't a car there. The BMW keeps swinging the bat at this guy in the Nissan.

The Nissan takes off like a bat out of hell and the BMW followed. I don't know what happened but I think they lost each other in traffic.

If they had crashed, I would have been toast. This all happened about 30 feet in front of me an at more than 70. I started to slow down but if they had spun, it would have looked like a Nascar wreck.

After it was over, I was wondering... what the heck where these guys thinking??????? Man, what idiots are on the roads sometimes!

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Been there, done that...
    But the angry guy in the other car was shaking a tire iron at me yelling for me to pull over so he could beat me up...
    After my reply he threw the tire iron at me and dented the side of my car. I had the cops arrest him at school (he was wearing the uniform shirt from the high school I had gone to). The next day I saw him harassing someone else down the street from my house.
    :(
    BT

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's not fun to see or experience first hand.

I had a guy follow me to work one day.

To keep a long story short he started threatening me and telling me if I think I'm so tough to get outta the car. He kicks my car while walking off. I flipped out got out of my car and started kicking in the side of his truck and punching his window trying to break it. I then ran off and got a cop. When he saw the cop he drove off. Gave a statement to the cop, along with a couple of other people who witnessed the whole thing to prove I wasn't at fault and just defending myself.

It happened on a Friday the 13th of all days.

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #4 agup48, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    My story goes like this:

I honked at a guy running a red, he almost gets t-boned, and if I didn't honk, he would gotten in a huge accident. Guy slows down at the next street, and my light turns green, I basically catch up with him, with the whole group of traffic, and he starts looking at me, and starts pretend writing, like he's writing my plate. This was a year ago on 4th of July I think, and I really think he was drunk. Then he starts screaming and yelling looking for **** in his truck. I get stuck in traffic, and he's acting a fool in his cab. My mom was with me at the time, and she was flipping out, scared for her life (she thought he was looking for a gun). He found something to throw, and threw it, which I believe was a coin, and threw it out. Nailed the car, left a dent in it. I really think I would've followed his ass if my mom wasn't in the car. But luckily for me, I have a decent memory, memorized his plates, and called the cops.

I kind of had road rage, took after my dad in that sense, but calmed down, and learned there are bigger idiots.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  6. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  7. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

I carry a gun. Have since 1993.

RMX

8. scottyd

scottyd Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    Lucan
    Full Name:
    Scott Dietrich
    I once turned around to run over a rabid raccoon in the middle of the day, and an older couple seen me turn around down the road to go back and get it, they then turned around to chase me(me being a 18 year old farm kid at the time), well a couple of high speed bursts and 35 mins later I finally lost them on a left hand turn in traffic, I guess not really road rage, but they were mad enough to follow me all around the country side.

9. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Good thing the guy in the BMW didn't have one instead of the bat.

10. But it sounds like the guy in the Nissan might have had good use for one...

11. 95Aero

95Aero Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    Stamford
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Born in NYC and raised in Jersey............says it all

12. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    You da man and so do I. About three week's ago I was going to P/U din din and a ricer made a stupid move cutting across 3 lanes of traffic, almost clipping me, so he could make his left turn into the bar parking lot so I lay on the horn. I stop behind him and do nothing else but he got out of his rice rocket and being the obliging Texan I am I do the same. He immediately see's that he is over classed by 1+ft and atleast 100lb's and say's 'I'll cut you man' so naturally my reply was 'Say that to my face you punk'. I must give him credit as he did not reply and just got back into his car and all the while I had my hand on my .38.

I pull into the parking lot as he had made a u-turn but guess who I passed in the parking lot? He made no eye contact with me even as I gave him the 'stare down' as he walked into the bar. I decided to leave him a friendly note on his windshield that read something to the nature of 'You made the right choice tonight and you can thank me later for saving your life'. I really dislike when situation's come to this but we cannot condone that sort of behavior as a society and that is just one of the reason's I'm getting into law enforcement.

Weeeee aint life fun!!!!

tex

ps,
    Stop BAM BAM BAM or I'll shoot!