355 metric speedo Conversion | FerrariChat

355 metric speedo Conversion

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by f1karting, Jul 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f1karting

f1karting Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Jan H
    Hi.. I am trying to convert all my gauges to metric and notice that Daniel at Ricambi has a Km speedo listed but the PN tag shows that its for a 2.7 car. My question is: can the 2.7 spec speedo be fitted into a 5.2 car? Or must I find a 5.2 speedo? Anyone have the correct PN for a 5.2 km speedo? thx Jan

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    You might have to swap out the sender too. I bet the sender and speedo are matched

3. f1karting

f1karting Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Jan H
    I suspect think the needle position in all the gauges would be the same, only the face values changed to the metric equivalent units.

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I bet there is more to it than that. Perhaps ask ricambi if there is a metric and a usa sender that would tell you for sure. Other wise your metric speedo will work but just be not accurate.

5. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    We have gauges with both metric and english on the same dial.....its just the face plate that is different....you will not have the change the sender.

6. f1karting

f1karting Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Jan H
    That was my guess..

I have both readings on the gauge face as well but the KMH scale is small and obscure so you really cant read the KMH scale well. I dont mind the MPH readout but my brain has been rewired to KMH over the years (and its too convenient to confuse 100mph for 100kmh in my mind) :)

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    why not just send your gauges to Palo Alto Speedometer and they will repaint your face plates to metric units... http://www.paspeedo.com/