CARBED 308 GTS/GTB Serial Numbers | FerrariChat

CARBED 308 GTS/GTB Serial Numbers

Discussion in '308/328' started by jcollingridge, Jul 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jcollingridge

jcollingridge Karting

Sep 8, 2006
    Kamloops,B.C.,Canada
    Full Name:
    Jim Collingridge
    What a wonderful resource the post '82 308 Registry is. Can anyone help me connect with similar information on the
    Webber carbed '77 to '79 models? I have '78 308 GTS s/n F106AS*26903*. This was a California car that I purchased
    about 3 years ago. The previous owner bought it from Ferrari of Beverly Hills. It is a beautiful car which evidently had
    an engine out restoration. A number of people I have contacted by phone, including an extreme Corvette service/dealer,
    have seen a large envelope with many photos of this restoration. Any information on the history of this car that the list
    could provide would be soooooo welcomed. Anyone who could provide me with the envelope of photos taken of this red
    and tan '78 GTS restoration will be given $100 for sending them to me. Please, I would like to fill in the history on this
    car. As I said previously, the car is beautiful with wonderful rossa red paint and a very straight body. The interior is tan
    and in very nice condition. The car has 16" wheels, electronic ignition and stainless Tubi exhaust. I picked it up in CA
    with no current emissions test (not needed in the interior of BC). The car had 60,000 miles on the odometer. However,
    it looks and runs like a new Ferrari. I purposely went for a carbed 308 because my Maserati Khamsin had 4 Webber carbs.
    Loooooove those Webber carbs when you are driving the North Cascade Mountain highway. The sound of carbs under full
    throttle bouncing off the canyon walls gives you a real rush! Jim

Any information on history or ownership PLEASE!!!!!!

2. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
  3. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    It's a GTS.......the registry is GTB only.

4. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    He asked for both GTS and GTB models. As stated, I said this is "half" of the info he wants. The other half may be somewhere else already.

5. bobs308

bobs308 Karting

Dec 4, 2007
    Lubbock, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy Edwards
    Why is no one interested in doing a GTS registry?
    Randy 1978 GTS *24903*

6. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    Marlon - 1978 308 GTS - *24671*

7. jcollingridge

jcollingridge Karting

Sep 8, 2006
    Kamloops,B.C.,Canada
    Full Name:
    Jim Collingridge
    #7 jcollingridge, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
    Thank you to those list members who have replied so far. Evidently other 308 GTS owners are wondering
    why there is not a '77 to '79 or '80 to '89 registry. I've been searching FerrariChat.com and other Ferrari
    sites for a carbed 308 GTS Registry/Production data/Serial Numbers site since becoming a list member in 2006. With
    all the 308 GTS cars produced, it seems reasonable that, like the GTB Registry, there would be a 308 GTS Registry.

My car is '78 308 GTS Ferrari F106AS*26903* Red/Tan. The former owner bought it from Ferrari of Beverly
    Hills. Any known maintenance history or former ownership information would be appreciated on this fabulous
    car.

8. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    Well I can tell you, doing a registry is an infinite time sink with few rewards. I run the 330 GT registry (www.330gt.com). I started in in 2001 and probably have a man-year invested since then. The more cars made just mean more work. As I also own a '78 GTS (23605), I would support a registry, but it's way too much work to take on.

9. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I have 29041 GTS

10. robbie308

robbie308 Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Robert Retzlaff
    Hi Kerry,

unfortunately you are more than right about the time consumption of running a registry like this. Especially if you do it just as a hobby and - of course - free of charge for everyone, like we both do it.

On the other hand, through the registry project I got to know a certain number of owners, some of which became friends over the years - although they live in the USA, Japan, Australia or other parts of the globe.

In fact I do get information requests from GTS owners quite often. Although I initially thought of keeping a database on all 308's, the huge amount of 308-cars built made it clear that it would be too much of an effort for my limited spare time. So I decided to focus on the carburetted GTB (like the one I own).

So if anyone out there is willing to start a GTS registry, I will gladly assist with some of my experiences from the past 10 years, running the 308 GTB Register.

Regards,
    Robert

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I'm desperate to start a Ferrari register - the register of all registers. I have so many ideas, and it would be the ultimate one-stop Ferrari Website (minus the forum, Rob's already got that cornered). But I am remiss of the copious funds required to fund such a project; a project whose undertaking would require a custom-built Website, with heavy and constant input and testing by yours truly.

12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I am still looking for the current owner of 1979 GTS #28525

I have pics of your car that I took 25 years ago. I just found them