Luxury4play | FerrariChat

Luxury4play

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by modena, Jul 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    #1 modena, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    I know a few members here are also members on luxury4play but seriously....why?? Ive been on it a few times, just looking at the ferrari section mainly, but it sounds like every single member is from south central LA. Every comment is something like "awww dogg that **** is madd illl, str8 up yo" - i actually cringe when i see some of their avatars and see that they're actually white guys in their mid 30's. What makes it even worse is that these guys pose for pictures and "throw up" their four fingers (in the same way a gang member would) to "represent" L4P

The site seems to be run by MTK (a member here) and his brother? First of all let me say that i enjoy MTK's posts here, he loves to drive his scud and he's good enough to tell us about his experiences, etc....then when im looking through 'L4P' i see nearly every thread is playing up this luxury lifestyle that he has - private jets, watches, rare wine, tailored suits..yeah, yeah ok we get the point he has money (theres plenty of pics showing him holding wads of cash)...but then at the end of the set there's a picture of the receipt which shows the total cost (usually 5 figures). I thought it couldnt get any worse but I click on a video of MTK driving his Scud with his brother filming from the passenger seat....MTK has a bunch of $100 bills in his hand...he proceeds to throw them out of the window one by one...

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit too much? Whatever happened to discretion?

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's something you have to be a part of to understand. I'm not a memeber nor a member of EC (assuming EC members are part of L4P), but I assume that the "lingo" is carried over from EC.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #3 ryalex, Jul 25, 2009
    Viral marketing for spinoff 'lifestyle' companies/ventures. Not a bad way to go about it, although you give up some pride. Anticipate clothing label, record label, magazine, alcohol drinks, energy drink, night club, artist/athlete management, etc. --> the usual suspects in entertainment/lifestyle branding. I've represented all of these entities many times as an IP lawyer.

4. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    It's interesting. Haven't heard of the site, going to have a look. I thought all these stories were just legends and cars in videos on MTV were rentals :D

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Seems like this is a not-so-subtle marketing thread.

6. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Maybe or maybe not. The OP sounds more like he doesn't have those intentions.

Either way, more traffic will be coming to the site based off this...... :)

7. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Whatever the intention of this thread i can say that anyone who films themselves throwing benjamins out da window is a complete tool

Money has never been able to buy anyone class.

You be a complete loser and have 20mil in the bank...I know plenty of them.

8. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    +1

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Did I mention I represent these kinds of businesses and give free consultations? :D

10. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    As My Buddy Darth Always Says.. "The Spouting Whale Always Gets The Harpoon"

:D

11. fish78

fish78 F1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2004
    Georgia
    I don't know about the site but I can use every 100 dollar bill he wants to send me...I'll pay postage...have him contact me for my address...aw, nevermind, I would just waste it on food, medicine utilities and the like...I guess, I'm not a candidate for luxury4play...too low on Maslo's hierarchy...

12. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    The 'Gang-Banger' generation and their 'conspiculous consumption' as well as the image it portrays is what it is all about. Forget about discretion and modesty; throwing $100 bills out the window and having expensive toys is the life style they want to portray. And they ripped on Gordan Gecko for his style.

13. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    #13 modena, Jul 25, 2009
    I think you got the wrong idea from my original post. Just to clarify, I think the site and the image it's trying to portray is retarded. Most of the members on the site dont seem to be living "the L4P lifestyle" - the majority are teenagers or guys in their early twenties. Their seem to be very few Ferrari/Lambo owners, hence the Ferrari section is filled with countless threads about MTK's scud. I can't speak for anyone here but I wouldn't want my teenage son looking at L4P everyday, seeing how this guy literally throws money around and then getting it in his head that "money ain't a thang yo!". (actual qoute from L4P)

MTK seems like a good guy, he enjoys his cars and shares pics/video with everyone here and he drives his scud alot (10,000+ miles).I don't have a problem with him or the site, MTK and his "broseph" can post whatever they want but I just hope all the teenagers following this guys blog know that it is not that easy out there in the real world and he is living a one in a million life.

14. MrTheKid

MrTheKid Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jonny Pickens
    The "throwing" of the money (fake money) was a joke in response to my friend getting ripped on 6 speed for throwing 1-2$ out of his CGT....

was never meant to be seen by more than half a dozen people?
    but, like most anything on the web - it was taken out of context!
    the video was shared via Vimeo and was password protected
    (obviously it leaked and was posted on youtube) i learned from that!

L4P was designed/created by/for forward thinking luxury enthusiasts!
    I wanted to create/run a forum for my fellow enthusiasts-
    we share our passions and hopefully inspire youngsters!
    More importantly L4P became a place to share stories/ideas for those purchasing luxury items, seeking travel/culinary advice as some of our members can offer legitimate help...

as far as "showing off" I turn down about 70% of most press/interviews if i don't deem them to an inspirational.

The comedy/unique posts, and fraternity (L4P/goldrushrally) is what holds it all together for us...
    L4P's most important/influential members are passionate, active, funny, witty, intelligent and friendly.

If i throw (fake) money out of a Ferrari people freak out!
    yeah you'll see me acting like a fool sometimes (for fun) my apologies, i love dark humor and sarcasm!
    You'll never see me exploit my family or glorify my charity work!

Modena if i remember correctly you once asked what my close ties are to Ferrari and i've never glorified that either...

be healthy stay well.

15. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    I'm happy to to hear that it wasn't what it looked like.

Unfortunately, it's very easy for things to be taken out of context on the internet.

16. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    and now the L4P website is dead, no traffic and FerrariChat is booming

17. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    It's working for me (not a member, not logged in, but via Google the website is up and running fine).

18. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Visit the site every day to check the Ferrari threads and the wheel threads
    Some awesome looking wheels on that site
    Some pretty cool stuff IMVHO

19. leggs

leggs Karting

Apr 5, 2007
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Full Name:
    Matthew Rapoport
    "Haters gonna hate" "Ballers gonna ball" Loosen up and have fun every once in a while. Life is too short! Thugged out or yuppie we all have the same interests just different ways of expressing it.

20. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    You left out country fried rednecks, but I agree with the sentiment.