Getting my first car, IS250 AWD | FerrariChat

Getting my first car, IS250 AWD

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Gonzalo92, Jul 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    Most exciting moment of my life is coming up, getting my first car, I chose a fully loaded Lexus IS-250 AWD and I'm putting some nice rims and the F-sport exhaust on it, what do you guys think about the Lexus IS?

2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I just hope you bought it yourself, because that's a pretty damn nice new car! Mine was a beat up truck that I ended up selling later for 700 bucks. Better than taking the bus though :)

3. marzo

marzo Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Vancouver BC
    You should have got an Audi.

4. Vuongnguyen05

Vuongnguyen05 Karting

May 16, 2008
    Great choice of car. An Audi or BMW would have been more fun to drive, but nowhere near as reliable. This being your first car, reliability should be at the top of your list as it will save you from future headaches.

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    My first car was a beat up Ford with 3 on the Column, as Bob said, the times they are a changin. Good luck

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    That is a great car, congratulations on the purchase! A friend of mine has had an IS350 for about three years, it still looks, smells, and runs like new. It is hard to fault Lexus on any technical aspect, they are just about perfect cars.
    :)
    BT

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Congrats. Enjoy it.

Me too....1985 S-10. :D

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I really like the IS, I think its a very underrated car and much more unique than the hundreds of 3-series and A4s you see every day.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you go for AWD in Houston?

9. Ferranki

Ferranki Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Have a 2007. Love it as a daily driver. Great treatment at the dealer who has gone out of their way to make sure I'm a happy camper. So far cost of ownership has been more than reasonable. Enjoy!

10. cletus

cletus Karting

Feb 7, 2006
    I was wondering the same thing... this is going to hamper performance more than provide secure driving in houston........

I really like the newer IS styling over the older ones, i am gently getting my wief to start liking the 350's

11. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    thanks everyone for the congrats and I'm not sure why the AWD my dad just told me it has to be AWD, today they told us that theres no 2009 with the accessories we want so now have to wait two months for a 2010, put some money down to get one of the first ones here, 2 more months of thinkin about the car all day lol

12. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Congrats, hell of a nice first car.

13. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    congrats!

make sure you thank your father for being so generous... and repay him by being considerate to his rules :)

14. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    That's a hell of a first car. Best of luck.

15. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Great choice, I miss my SC300.