355 Spider Roof - Help needed | FerrariChat

355 Spider Roof - Help needed

Discussion in '348/355' started by zoRob, Jul 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    #1 zoRob, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, i am asking this on behalf of a friend who is not a member here. They are not having much luck finding a part that they need to fix their roof and i was wondering if anyone here either had one, or could point me in the right direction. I have attached a diagram showing the elusive part, its shown at the bottom.

Any help much appreciated :)

Rob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    They show this not as a spare part but as a extension of the metal framework. This maybe true for the early production runs(94-95) but on later cars this is a plastic part that is attached to the metal frame with 2 phillips head screws.

It is not shown as a spare part and no PN is shown......go to a breaker shop and get if you need.

3. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Thanks for the info :) My friend has tried all of the breakers they can find and have got no joy so if anyone has one laying around or knows where to get one please let me know :)

4. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I had the same problem..both of mine got broke. Still trying to get these for my car...lol

5. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    They only need one side and cant track one down so a pair is going to be fun to find :)

6. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It's just an observation, but in the parts diagram you supply, another of the insert diagrams shows the hood fitted to a 348. Are you sure you've got the right diagram?

7. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Thanks for the tip, i had noticed that. This is the plan that the owner and other people looking for the part have been working to so i assumed it was the right one, i have been meaning to check with them.

8. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Makes no difference if you look at a 348 or 355(atleast what I'm showing in my factory parts book)....unless there has been a revision that I'm unaware of that particular piece is not referenced as a seperate part

9. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Sorted now, thanks the help guys :)

10. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    How did you resolve??.....did you find at a breaker yard?

11. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Ill find out and let you know, i think they found a way to repair it rather than replace :)