Rooms available in Carmel........ | FerrariChat

Rooms available in Carmel........

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Huskerbill, Aug 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 Huskerbill, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ladies and Gents,

http://www.greenlanterninn.com/

Just giving you a heads-up that there are VERY affordable rooms available ranging from $179 for a single to $279 for a 2-room loft-style room. There is a minimum stay of 3 nights here. SUPER convenient (only 2 blocks off Ocean St. in downtown Carmel), you would have your own reserved parking spot if you bring an exotic for the entire weekend (placard with your name) and they serve an all-you-can-eat complimentary breakfast each morning that includes waffles, eggs, toast, pastries, juice, etc.. Nice start to each day. Also a complimentary cheese, crackers and refreshments every afternoon at 4pm.

So far there are a few of us that are staying there again (as we did last year).

Huskerbill
    Quan
    Vijay

Just letting you all know that there is availability (they opened the last 5 rooms on Friday) so we can get a few extra exotics there to join us.

If you call, ask for Bill and tell him that you talked to "Bill". He'll know. Make sure you let him know if you are bringing an exotic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TomatoMan

TomatoMan Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    I live right across the street from the Green Lantern. There will be 2 430's there... Anybody that need to clean up their cars after the ride, just knock on the door.

3. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

2 430s at your place? Nice! Do you live on the parking lot side?

I am wondering if they are full yet? I have received a few inquiries about the place (PM/call) and, as of the end of the day on Friday I think there were only 2 rooms left.

Hoping they got filled by FChatters.

4. TomatoMan

TomatoMan Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    I live on the north west corner.....The Tomato House

5. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'll keep my eye open!

Looks like there will be 2 430s in the Green Lantern parking lot to go along with your 2. A matching set!!

Should have a nice little group!

6. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    My plans just changed so I think I can make the weekend now, but alas the Green Lantern was officially full when I called. If anyone hears of any other decent places to stay, please pass them along!

7. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    any suggestions appreciated.

8. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I had also heard that the rooms are booked. I know one group who called after I posted this thread and did get a room. Not sure about the other 5 rooms. Hope they went to FChatters or good people!!!

I will keep my eyes open for the two of you.

9. LUCCA-7

LUCCA-7 Karting

Apr 24, 2006
    California
    We JUST booked our room (for 2 nights, not the usual 3-4 minimum) in downtown Monterey just a couple days ago with NO problem! There is a company called Resort2me . . . it's a FREE Hotel reservation service (located in Monterey. . . so they know the many different facilities in & out) for groups & individuals visiting Monterey/Carmel. They get paid by the Hotel/Motel etc. to help fill rooms/cancellations with NO passed on fee or rate increase or charges to you. Call 1-800-757-5646 or go online www.resort2me.com they had lots of options and price points . . . very helpful & professional.

10. LUCCA-7

LUCCA-7 Karting

Apr 24, 2006
    California
    Rooms (at all rates) are still available . . . . even for just one night ! ! !
    See info above.

Hope this helps.

11. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Thanks for the info. The operator took my preferences and budget info and promptly called me back with an availability. I was able to book a room for one night (Saturday) at a great rate.

12. Joe 575

Joe 575 Karting

Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal/Carmel
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Kind of strange up here this year. Came up to our house in Carmel on Sunday and thru today atmosphere is very subdued compared to previous years, supported by all the room availability. Hopefully as Jet Center kicks off tomorrow night and more events begin the mood will pick up. Concours on Ocean was very quiet today, down from two days to one, plenty of parking available downtown, definetely unusual.

13. LUCCA-7

LUCCA-7 Karting

Apr 24, 2006
    California

Glad I could help . . . . Drive safe & look out for CHP ;)