New real life pic | Page 10 | FerrariChat

New real life pic

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by isuk, Aug 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Don't pick on us gamers, it sucks to get the three rings of fire!!!

2. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    cool pics

I really like the new rim design for this car

3. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    agreed, the new 20" rim is menacing!

4. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    Love the exhaust

5. acarey617

acarey617 Karting

Jul 30, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #231 acarey617, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    #232 ferrarifanatic25, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    I personally love the new shape and design of the 458. The thing about the 308,328, F40 "now that is a ferrari" shape is... (don't get me wrong it is a beautiful shape)

I think the reason why people think of that when they think of Ferrari is because that was the shape that was featured in the TV shows like Magnum P.I. and Miami Vice. This especially applies to the not so hardcore ferrari fans, they only remember them because of those shows, so thats what comes to mind when the word Ferrari is mentioned.

I could also argue that those cars with the classic ferrari shape are just better looking, but I really think that if there was a new really popular show on TV with a 458 as the star of the show then it would instantly become a classic ferrari and people would have a new stereotype about what a Ferrari should look like.

Thats just my opinion, and i am not blaming all of Ferraris success on TV shows, but i think in the instance of the 308, and Tesstarossa it really helped. If you have ever seen the 5th Gear special where they counted down the top ferraris of all time based on fans votes the Tesstarossa won and they said that it was mainly because of it being featured on the TV.

Thats just my 0.02 on the "now thats a ferrari" shape. I love that shape, and i love the new one.

7. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
  8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  9. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Yes, but that´s very easy to achieve when you´re re-making always the same idea. The paroxysm of this would be the Porsche 911.

And I don´t think that this is necessary at all to keep family resemblance. For example, Zagato´s Diablo Canto, although its beauty was debateable (I loved it), was quite refreshing and, at least for me, very Lamborghinish.

10. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    That really gives a good idea of how it looks. It is quite nice looking and the sound, even though those were low speeds, is very nice. The 458 is going to be incredible.

11. ferrariluk

ferrariluk Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2006
  12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #238 ingegnere, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    Agreed. The the pics here (http://www.autogespot.com/item/4764/spyshots-ferrari-458-italia/) are the first to show a front spoiler like the official release pics. Must be a last minute change - I think it works, making the front more grounded.

Oddly enough, the original shape is closer to what I guessed at in my sketch (http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138789776&postcount=1872).

This is not the first time we have seen differences between prototypes and production versions. I have pictures (somewhere) of the 599 with a very different front end and a California with differently shaped vents in the front fender. Must be one of the advantages of being a low-volume producer to be able to make changes at the last minute.

13. Rustybody

Rustybody Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    Langen
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #239 Rustybody, Aug 15, 2009
  14. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    It is a beautiful rear, very modern; it's also very unique, very flowing with curves and straight-cut shapes, but coming together in a balance. I really like this car.

15. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    how did you guess so closely the front end of the 458? That's nearly the same design. Are you a designer?

16. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #242 anunakki, Aug 15, 2009
    What about...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    challenge grill looks amazing! is that your photoshop?

18. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    You were the one that thinks 458 its not revolutionary, but you want a 430 challenge rear grill?And maybe 4 brake-lights...an 4 exhaust..........

=))

19. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #245 yzee, Aug 15, 2009
  20. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    yeah just a quick one. i dont like the 'mustache' on the rear.

I dont *want* anything as Im not a buyer regardless of what it looks like. My opinion is meaningless.

I am a well known designer in my industry so I know what its like to read opinions of my work both positive and negative. i believe constructive criticism is a good thing. I just recently made a change to a product because an overwhelming majority of customers suggested it.

Anyway... As someone trained in design I personally do not like the black *mustache* grill on the rear of the 458. Its not terrible but it looks very japanese to me which is a no-no on a Ferrari. The traditional full length black challenge style grill would look much better.

if I had the time I would Pshop a completely original one specifically for the 458 but I dont so I cut out a Scud and stuck it on just to see how it would look.

Fair enough ?

21. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko
    that grill is S3X

22. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    its MUCH more aggressive than the F430 is, im curious is this an entirely new chassis i know the F430 was considered a Evolution of the 360 chassis.

23. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    I'm reading this subforum, from the time when first pictures were shown, and the result of everyone wishes its this car with every part from another past ferrari...Every little design line in this car was changed by someone.

If every customer from 60 years ago to present could use PS, there would be NO Ferrari to look like any ferrari we had for these years.

"this car looks sensation, but the front must be changed....and the back must be different, and the space between back and front must be modified 100%".........

24. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #250 anunakki, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    Thats the beauty of free thought ;)

EDIT: Here is what I find even stranger...that anyone can think *anything* is perfectly designed and above criticism. The first thing i do when i see anything is conceptualize what I would change. Maybe thats just the difference between and artist and a non-artist.