Ferrari's damaged at concorso? | FerrariChat

Ferrari's damaged at concorso?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Edward 96GTS, Aug 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Can anyone confirm that 5 Ferrari's were damaged(scratched) by a young driver in a golf cart?
    Also, another Ferrari was scratched when another c.i. driver wedged his golf cart between two cars?
    Heard this from a friend that worked c.i. event.
    tia

2. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Not sure about the cars but I did see a 10-13 year old back a golf cart into a tent an knock over a few tables. SOP.

3. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    Did not hear or see anything about Ferraris damaged. Was there when a fellow did scrape a Lamborghini Murci with a cart - while it was being judged no less. Doh!

While that was terrible, it appeared to be just paint damage.

Maybe this one incident spawned some rumours? The parking spaces were pretty wide overall - wider than at most recent Concorsos.

That said, carts were flying around a bit quickly at times. It would have been ok if they kept to certain routes, but they were dodging between cars which made it unpredictable.

4. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    #4 irondogmike, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    no,but I did hear that most cars coming into the event in one of the cart paths that has a curb on both sides where to high and most rubbed the rims against the curb.:mad:I was behind afew that I thought was rubbing so I just road more to one side than down the middle

5. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    I saw that too.there were kids way to young to be behind the wheel and some came close to my car and I yelled at him and he just keep going. next year I'm bringing a base ball bat:D

6. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    I can't believe they were allowing such young kids to drive those carts around in the first place. Out at the track they don't let anyone under 18 drive 'em around. To many laibilities. Maybe C.I. should make that a rule as well.

Bring the Baseball Bat for sure next year Mike.

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    A friend got his car keyed one year, aother friend came back to find his abused another year. People do bad things. Sometimes intentionally, other times not. Either way, just gives all the more reason why Concorso is just such a crappy event, well worth avoiding at any cost.

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    That cart path was wicked. Glad I took an SUV

9. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    #9 gday, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    They did they same thing the first year CI moved to Blackhorse. Totally ridiculous. The help aka "spotters" did not think it was a big deal - thus no warnings to the next car/victim. Grrr... Must have taken out the wheels on a dozen Lambos...

-mick

10. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    I sent a message to Concorso management, suggesting spotters at tight spots. Another alternative is to place plywood and supports on one side of the curb, so it becomes a ramp of sorts, and so long as the driver avoids one side they will be fine. The path we were directed had only a curb on one side - so easy to avoid.

I've been going to Concorso since '92 or '93, and never had any damage done to my car (knocks furiously on wood). The most stressful has been the prior few years where cars were parked extremely close, and door dings a real concern. That wasn't a case this year.

Some risk is inevitable if we drive our beloved babies in the real world, whether we park on the street or at a show. We park closer than that at Santa Row, and even minor damage is extremely rare. At some point I just take responsibility for taking my car out into public. It's my choice and I can always leave it parked in the garage, never to turn a wheel on those dangerous streets. ;)

11. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yep... It's pinata time

12. flyinlo

flyinlo Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Lo
    The spotters did call out the curb to me when we arrived, but it was late, and maybe there had been complaints by then.