Differential Frozen up on my 430 | FerrariChat

Differential Frozen up on my 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360zub, Aug 31, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360zub

360zub Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Zubin
    I was driving my 2005 430 coupe with 4,800KMs down a gentle hill one morning. As I was coming down the hill my car jerked with an odd sound from the rear then there was a whinning sound. As I came to the intersection I could not shift the F1 shifter, it was stuck in 4th. Then all of a sudden the car came to a sudden stop. I could not shift the gear so I decided to turn off then engine and restart and that put it in neutral. When I tried to move the car forward once I shifted in 1st it would stall as if my rear brakes were stuck. I would have to burn the F1 clutch to move the car inches then stall.
    It's at the dealership right now and has been there for nearly 3 weeks with no resolution. They said that they are waiting for Ferrari to give them the go ahead to take it apart.
    Earlier in the month the I took the car in to the dealership to get the clutch adjusted because the car was stalling in 1st and Reverse when you start slowly. This was fixed for a short period then came back that same day that my diff went.
    Has anybody had this problem?

2. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Sorry to hear that..........keep us posted.

3. mikebrinda

mikebrinda Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2008
    How does it take a dealer with a direct link to Ferrari three weeks to get permission to do their job?

Mike

4. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Sorry to hear Zubin. Keep us posted.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Warranty authorization from the area manager of Ferrari in his province.

6. elmani

elmani Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    austin Texas
    Full Name:
    marc b
    I would make a scene man!!! what kind of a patience do you have... if it is under warrantee it means they have to fix it for free but it doesn't mean they have to make you wait 1 month! He is the dealer for God's sake!!! Ask him what is the name of the guy that should take this decision, pick up the phone and call him yourself!!! This car is more expensive than his house probably!!! they have no right to treat you this way... but you know what, i think the problem is not getting permission... i think they are cooking something... probably a scenario around the warranty to make you pay something... again with the same "unknown" area manager. If you tell them you will be paying , i am sure they would start on your car the same day!... Aaghhh... be careful and Good Luck. Remember this saying "A starving baby, won't be fed by his own mother, unless he starts crying (shouting)"... Hope it gets well soon. Cheers.

7. 360zub

360zub Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Zubin
    I have a low mileage 2005 that is out of warrantee as of last May and today they told me that FNA has denied my application to warrant this repair. I am told that the whole Transaxle must be replaced. This particular dealer has another car with the exact problem and I just heard about another whom had the same but the dealer warranted the repair once the screaming started. The dealer is waiting for Italy to come back with their answer but of course they have been closed for holidays for the last month.
    This is my 3rd Ferrari. I bought an 07 430 Spider and an 08 Granturismo from this particular dealer so I am sure they will go to bat for me. I hope! I hate getting ugly.

8. 360zub

360zub Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Zubin
    Working this route right now.
    BTW How much is a new Transaxle for an 05, F1 430? New and rebuilt?

9. 360zub

360zub Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Zubin
    This really sucks because they are saying that because I am not the first owner of this particular car then they wont offer the warrantee.
    On a brighter side I got a GIAC upgrade for my Conti GT with a new exhaust to make this a roadgoing Train. Fast as hell and loud as hell.......but it's heavy as hell to stop. Not sure if I should take this to the track.

10. 360zub

360zub Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Zubin
    Apparently they have 20 cars and they wanted to wait until Italy re-opened from the summer holiday is what I have been told.