Triangle Italians: September 5th Gathering! | FerrariChat

Triangle Italians: September 5th Gathering!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Owens84QV, Aug 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Yes…I know it's Labor Day weekend, but for those in town, the Triangle Italians will be gathering will be on Saturday September 5th. We’ll be meeting at our regular place (Brier Creek Commons) at the junction of Highway 70/Glenwood Ave and Interstate 540 @ 9:00AM.

Breakfast and coffee will be available from Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, Caribou Coffee, and Bruegger's Bagels. We will be gathering in the outer parking lot near Chili's so that we can be close to all three locations.

Also…please see the posting for the October drive to the Iron Gate Winery. We’ll need to start finalizing who’s going and your menu selections.

For those in the Cary / Morrisville / Apex area, we'll meet at Leith Volkswagen (back near Mercedes Benz) around 8:15AM and caravan from there...always a great drive.

Look forward to seeing all the area Italians out and about!

2. KevinH944

KevinH944 Rookie

Jul 8, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Heimbaugh
    Hi Greg,

Just a reminder that the Triangle Italians are invited and welcome at the Porsche Club OktoberFest at Montgue's on Saturday Sept 26. It's a great day out with BBQ, beer, wine, and munchies all afternoon. Last year we had about 90 cars. It's a fund raiser for Duke Children's Hospital, so in addition to a great time, it's all for a great cause, too. Directions and registration forms are on our web site: http://hur.pca.org/Calendar.php.

Thanks,
    Kevin Heimbaugh
    Hurricane Region Porsche Club

3. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    i am going to try and be there with the new babies

4. ActionFigure

ActionFigure Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Amy and I will be there. Are we going to car pool up from Lieth?

5. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Yep...let's car pool up from Leith.

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

U talking about this saturday carpool, right? Luca and I will probably be there (meeting at Brier Creek)

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Daniel...it would be good to see you and Luca. Can't guarentee a huge turnout since it is Labor Day Weekend...but you never know, I've been surprised before.

8. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    greg - ingrid and I won't be able to make it - I have to track down an electrical issue before I take the car out anymore - keep blowing fuel pump fuses.....

9. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am leaving on another motorcycle trip Saturday morning but hope to make a Brier Creek meet soon.

Kevin

10. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

You mean the overprotection relay? I can bring one out tomorrow if you'd like. Luca and I are leaving Winston Salem around 8:00am, and will meet up with a local F355 for the drive to Raleigh.

11. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    All...my wife has had some complications and thus we are headed to the hospital tomorrow @ 7:30AM for surgery so I won't be making it.

Just as a reminder for everyone, I need to have all names and menu selections by September 15th for our October Winery Drive...I'll bump that thread to the top for everyone.

12. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Joel Hoffman, one of our Ferrari owners and the guy with the Italian built Innocenti Mini Cooper, will be participating in the Bike MS Tour in New Bern, September 12 and 13. His Wife, Lauren, has Multiple Sclerosis, and Joel is on the Board of Directors of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Eastern NC Chapter. Last year, Joel was the number 7 fundraiser out of 2300 participants who raised $1.5 million. He plans to ride a double century, 200 miles, next weekend.

Joel will be at Brier Creek on Saturday and would appreciate any donations the Triangle Italian Motoring Enthusiasts and Porsche Club of America members can make. He is matching any donations received with a contribution of his own, up to a total of $1000. Please consider bringing a check, or cash, to contribute. If you won't be attending Saturday, you can mail a check, made out to "National Multiple Sclerosis Society", to Joel's home address: 10708 Penny Rd., Cary, NC 27518.

Oh...and everything is tax deductible of course. Thanks guys!

13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Kevin...Michelle and I still need to come over one night and see the lift. Michelle (Michelle!!) is pushing me to get a lift installed! Now that is one heck of a wife!!

14. ActionFigure

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Nice meet! 6 Ferrari, 1 Lambo, bunch of Cobras, 3 Fiat X1/9, and about a half dozen MGs (the local MG club must of gotten wind of this), along with the usually turnout of NSX, 'Vette, Viper, S2000. There was a good assortment of bikes too, lots of Ducati, a Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, an old Norton Commando and a Buell.

15. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

What a turnout! No pix, but a good time by all. Luca was mostly impressed by the slammed VW Golf with green wheels. :(

16. ActionFigure

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    ... and to answer the question a group of us had as to how can he drive that with it so lowered that there is no wheel clearance... yes, he has hydraulics and raised it up when leaving.

17. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Actually, my wife pushed for the lift, too. I think to get her car back in the garage. Almost there LOL!. Will PM with other details.

Kevin

18. Dre.HLong@gmail

Nov 3, 2009
    #18 Dre.HLong@gmail, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    Hello everyone,

There is a new TV series going on in Wilmington NC that some of you may be interested in being apart of. This saturday Nov 7th we will be filming the trailer for the series. The series is called "MIDNIGHT DUB" and it is inspired by fast and the furious. We already have quite a few cars that will be showing up aka corvette, porsche, bmw, camaro, nissan tuners, maserati, and some others but would love to have as many of you out there come as well.

I was at the last car show at Brier Creek last month going around asking for those that wanted to put their cars on TV and did not get around to your club in time.

If you're interested know that your car will not be driven by anyone other than yourself and no dangerous stunts.

Email me at [email protected] if any of you guys would like to support film at UNCW

My name is Andrew Long and Thank you for your time