F40's in Arizona | FerrariChat

F40's in Arizona

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by GV27TIFOSI, Sep 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GV27TIFOSI

GV27TIFOSI Karting

Jan 12, 2008
    Peoria, Arizona USA
    Full Name:
    DT
    Any Ferrari F40 owners loacted in the greater Phoenix area? F40LM's would be even better!
    I am interested in seeing an actual F40 in person as it were I did see a F40 for the first time in London, where a Fiat exhibit displayed an incredible early car. I will post my pictures from that day in the supercar section soon.
    I am 55yrs old and my first race was the BOAC 500 in 1967 at Brands Hatch and my first experience close up with a Ferrari was the 330 P4, being in the paddock and next to one as it was started up, was as experience I never have forgotten. An amazing experience. I lived in London, the first time from 1966 when I was 11yrs old until 1973, when I returned briefly to the States. I would routinely see Daytona's in London, ect.
    The F40 is one of my favorite Ferrari's of all time and if there is an owners meet where one may be observed could someone please let me know?
    I live by South Mountain in Phoenix. My name is David Talkin and am a critical care RN at Arizona Heart Hospital for the last 10 years. My cell is 480-330-4794 or my email is
    [email protected] I also have a modest but rare Ferrari book collection, with emphasis on Gilles Villeneuve if this is of interest to some of you locals. No I am not a Ferrari owner unfortunately only the model versions!!
    Thanks for your attention!
    Dave

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Hello Dave! There is at least one F40 in the Phoenix area which appears in public, and the owner is a FerrariChat member. I would not be surprised if there were another one or two in private collections which never see sky or pavement. With the improving weather, I'd encourage you to attend the various Saturday gatherings in the Scottsdale area including the Scuderia Southwest event on the first Saturday of every month. Some truly amazing, rare and valuable cars often appear! http://www.scuderiasw.com/

3. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Dave

if you come out to Cars and Coffee in the next few months, I think you'll have a good chance to see an F40.

4. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    How about the month of March?

5. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    There must be another one unless I saw DM1 back in March in Ahwatukee around 32nd street.

6. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I'm not sure what you spotted, but in past years there has been a kit car in the Ahwatukee area.

7. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Not sure, this one looked real.

8. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    ive seen a red a yellow F40 kit in the phoenix area in the last two years so it could be one of them.

9. GV27TIFOSI

GV27TIFOSI Karting

Jan 12, 2008
    Peoria, Arizona USA
    Full Name:
    DT
    Thanks Gents! I am hoping to attend the October meeting and get to know some of the members.
    I have lots of Ferrari related and motorsports related stories to tell, sound like fun, can't wait to attend
    Dave