Does Anyone | FerrariChat

Does Anyone

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by stevengt3, Sep 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevengt3

stevengt3 Rookie

Mar 13, 2008
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    know when the 458 will be in showrooms?

2. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #2 TexasMike, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    What do you mean? I highly doubt any NEW 458 Italia's will be for sale off of showroom floors. They will all be spoken for before they ever hit the showroom floor. Each dealer had a couple of demo Californias but I doubt they will do that with the 458 Italia. Of course some pre-owned 458s will be for sale shortly after they start being delivered.

3. ferrari_envy

ferrari_envy Karting

Sep 5, 2009
    Perhaps some demo models?

I would love to go see one in person.

4. jomoyer

jomoyer Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh M.
    I've heard from a dealer they should be showing up for deliveries in June/July.....demo's before hand like we saw of the California? Who knows, I think these babies will be in a little higher of demand.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If you are in Europe, my guess is that you ll be seeing the first ones in October...

6. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    If that ends up being correct, then that is wayyy before I thought. I was thinking early 2010, but I really have no idea.

7. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    Have they set an MSRP yet or has any one heard what pricing will be and what major options there are (are carbon brakes standard now)? Is there a spider planned or is it still too soon?

I like the styling and I'm sure it performs well, but a comment in another thread said that pricing is expected to be $400K+ to keep it exclusive - ouch, Ill have to wait till they show up used with 10K miles on ebay in 5 years.

8. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Ferrari said MSRP should be under $225K. Standard items have not been announced. Spider version is planned for 2011.

9. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    But didn't Ferrari lift the requirement that dealers have to stick to the MSRP - so they can charge what clients are willing to pay? That is, mSrp where the S is suggested, but not mandated.

10. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    No, Ferrari still wants the dealers to sell at MSRP. BUT, Ferrari has been lax on a lot rules lately. I'm sure if a dealer wants to charge over MSRP Ferrari might look the other way. Realistically the first batch of cars a dealer gets will be going to their good customers. They won't charge over MSRP to them. IMHO I don't think the demand will be there to charge over MSRP.

11. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    Ferrari has made all of their cars from 2008 on have carbon ceramic brakes as standard equipment.