Who's tired of the rain? | FerrariChat

Who's tired of the rain?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Futureman, Sep 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    If it doesn't stop raining soon, I'm gonna have to buy a trickle charger. I never thought I'd be one of THOSE guys (i.e. one who owns a trickle charger). I haven't been able to drive the 328 in weeks.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The paint doesn't melt!

Go drive it!

:D

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

That sucks. Hopefully you get a reprieve soon.

4. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    At least it's not ****in snow

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Remind me what this rain stuff looks like again. :confused:

6. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    I'm not afraid of getting it dirty. I AM afraid of how rain makes people (even more) stupid behind the wheel of an SUV, mini van, mustang, etc. Rain in the south = a 10 fold increase in wrecks.

7. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    Very true. :) But then, if it was snowing down here, I wouldn't even be at work since about 2 inches is all it takes to shut down the town.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Just go drive. I dont know where you are located, but it's unlikely to get better unless you live in the southern hemisphere

9. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Whats rain?

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Last week, we got our first real* rain in 6 months. We are only 25 inches behind right now. I will take the rain and the cool temps while they are here.

(*) We did get a couple of 0.05" rains in the middle of summer, and maybe a 0.1" rain.

11. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    He's in Alabama. He may need a periscope.

12. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    smart-a$$, rub it in some more :D:):D

13. tblount

tblount Karting

Sep 29, 2007
    No joke. I don't know where in Alabama you live, but around Meridian, MS it has rained everyday for two weeks. It gets old, quick.

14. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Awe come on guys....seems to me......i've seen little red cars, even racing in the rain............its those big domestic "nascar" inspired cars you should never take out when its wet........

15. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Tru dat. Southern rain follows this pattern when it lasts longer than 15 minutes (which only serves to make the temperature hotter):

It usually drizzles for the first half-a-day to full day, which brings out all the slippery gunk in the road...

Then the bottom falls out, and you'll pass countless drivers at 80 mph with their hazards blinking on the far side of the interstate doing 35 mph...

Depending on season it will then continue to rain for a week, at which point your skin will start to wrinkle after standing outside for extended amounts of time (read, 3 or 4 seconds).

Southern rain sucks.

Sorry about the lack of driving. At least you have a car that stays clean in the garage... Those of us without a garage and limited to a single beater aren't so lucky.

:)

16. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    This is the first day of sun we have had in like 2 weeks here. A lot of places on the north side of ATL are under water.

17. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Send some of that rain to California. We could use it.

18. CarmelFerrari

CarmelFerrari Karting

Apr 24, 2008
    +10000+

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That sucks. Valid excuse though:).

20. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    Exactly. I'm in Huntsville (north AL), so we're getting the same stuff Hotlanta is getting.

Another excuse as to why I don't drive in the rain around here (although this doesn't usually apply to rain this time of year) is HAIL. Any spring or summer shower can and will be accompanied by hail. I've had hail damage on both my DD's this year and just got a completely new roof due to hail damage this spring.

21. Duane_Estill

Duane_Estill F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Duane K Estill
    Down here in Mississippi.....about two hours from Huntsville.....we've gotten deluged. I think of it as ecological balance. And to think a year ago they were claiming the 'drout' in the South was evidence of global warming. I'm going to send a jar of Mississippi rainwater to Big Al's house.

22. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    I'm with you.....nothing but rain for weeks now. I have never gone this long, not driving the 308.