FERRARI II | FerrariChat

FERRARI II

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Otter, Sep 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Otter

Otter Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Franklin,NC
    Full Name:
    Eric
    From the moment I saw this car I remembered why I have such a passion for Ferrari's, Its got all the elements that to me keeps the legend alive, While stationed overseas, my Dad sent me the Road & Track that first featured this new Ferrari with pics of it all opened up!!! Even though he doesn't have the passion I have he knew I would love this article!!!

My Question is which Ferrari do you feel represents the best all around representation of the marque? Otter

http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/imgview.php?reqcardir=FE-512BB-35761

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very nice. I think it would be difficult to narrow it down to just 1 model.

3. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.

For myself, and I think many people of my generation, the 308/328 is the best all around representation of the marque.

For the generation preceding mine, I'd guess the Daytona is the best all around representation.

Looking ahead, I think the new 458 is the car that truly says Ferrari in the strongest way -- style, performance, race-car-like, etc. :)

4. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    #4 Tony K, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    Although, Otter, the BB certainly makes a very strong case! It's very close for me between 308 and BB; I give the nod to the 308 because it is such an iconic design, and because it is better known than the BB. Also, the BB has a degree of excess that the 308 doesn't have; it's really intense (in a good way) and strong in its presence, whereas the 308 is a bit more restrained while still retaining all of the allure and passion that is Ferrari to me. I'm not sure which quality better represents the marque, but my preference is (slightly) for the 308. :)

5. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    My vote is the 308. But I'm a little biased.

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'd agree that the 328 is right up there. Personally, I think the 348 and the Testarossa, both with those huge side strakes are really what I really associate with Ferrari. :D

As for the 458 - I'm not convinced. There's a lot of hype right now because it's new, but it's certainly not a pretty car... and Ferraris should be beautiful as well as great performance machines. :eek:

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. UmarS2K

UmarS2K Rookie

Aug 11, 2009
    SoCal
    The California is definitely off your list then, eh? ;)

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Well, I'll put it this way: it wouldn't be my personal choice for my own Ferrari or one that I'd tout as the ultimate representation of the marque. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

9. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Anything hammered by hand over a wooden buck.

10. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    the iconic F40 for me.

11. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Although not a Ferrari, i would say the 246 Dino is a very iconic Ferrari. If you get my meaning. Although not a badged Ferrari, every man and his dog recognises it as one. Thats quite iconic in my book.

12. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The F50 is what does it for me. Big V12 and a roadster to boot.