2001 360 spider | FerrariChat

2001 360 spider

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ferrari-guy, Oct 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari-guy

ferrari-guy Rookie

Aug 5, 2007
    Canada
  2. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It's listed as a Canadian car in the ad.

3. ferrari-guy

ferrari-guy Rookie

Aug 5, 2007
    Canada
    You're right...oversight.

Just puzzled at the price as you can barely find coupes at that price.

4. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

You can find coupes for under 100,000 now in canada

5. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    zrauto.com has a 2002 360 spyder Canadian car for $99,000

6. MD911

MD911 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    That one has accident history does it not?

7. ferrari-guy

ferrari-guy Rookie

Aug 5, 2007
    Canada
    clean 360 spider - manual - 2002 and up is he target....

8. Redlyne_mr2

Redlyne_mr2 Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2009
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan D
    Anyone know the previous owner of this car? Smart buy or regrettable purchase?

9. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    probably a straight car as Orest has been around in this business for 30+ years and besides Ferrari was the ONLY place in all of CANADA besides Ferrari to buy a exotic car, even before Segal, Autoforum etc.,

And I will be there on Monday having a safety done if you wanted me to take a look at it for you, but wholsale on 360 spiders(u.s) is about $90,000+ right now.

10. ferrari-guy

ferrari-guy Rookie

Aug 5, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks James for the offer.

Can you vouch for Caliber, both sales and service? I know they've been around for a long time, but don't think i heard what the "forum" has to say about them.

Thanks in advance.

11. 348FTW

348FTW Rookie

Jul 29, 2006
    this car has been hit, i think like $150K damage to it...

12. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    ummmm I can certainly vouche for the the service department but you should know it's got NOTHING to do with Caliber at all besides being in the same building, it's a complete seperate entity called FORZA MOTORS and besides working for the owner Steve when I was 18-20 I now bring all my cars(clients and personal) for service as well as constantly recommend their services. Now that Steve doesn't have to deal with the customers,billing etc., he has the time to train his guy's and work on the cars himself.

Orest is a nice guy and i'm sure wouldn't sell anything to risk putting his company at risk, especially after being around for so long.
    I will be there tommorow by 10-11am the absolute LATEST and can still take a look at if you wanted?

And in about 30 minutes i'll have my subscription renewed so everyone can soon PM me again.

Thanks!

13. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  14. ferrari-guy

ferrari-guy Rookie

Aug 5, 2007
    Canada
    I think Canadian prices still need to be reduced to align with current market conditions. I have been diligently searching and you can easily get a 2000/2001 from Ferrari Dealer of New England for $79K US...here it's $120+K. Even with exchange (that will soon be par) + 6% duty + letter, they are large savings to be had in the US...that's clearly evident at this time.

15. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    No doubt there are some savings but at what price....and dont forget, US cars dont have the daytime running lights, the upgraded crash bumpers..and blah, blah...

But the biggy you have to ask is...a Florida car compared to a Ontario car will see 2X the amount of road time because of better weather conditions...2X the amount of HEAT ...plus alot more natural disasters.....if you think your getting a sweet deal to save 20K- 30K...i think you maybe mistaken. I will take a Winnipeg, or Nova Scotia 360...over any Texas, Cali, Florida 360...there are just to many of those cars not to be picky.

Plus, here is another, trying following the US cars where they start and end up, you cant follow that VIN as well as we do here....adjoining states dont register all together like we do here either.....not to say you cant find a deal....but today, nobody is stupid...everyone wants all the cookies, its buyer beware.

16. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

It has been hit pretty good and repaired. Well known around town for that.

17. Redlyne_mr2

Redlyne_mr2 Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2009
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan D
    Makes sense why it's so cheap. I'm finding lots of the 360's in the US have had 3-5 owners in the span of 6 or 7 years. It's tricky to track down a 1 owner unit.

18. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    daytime running lights is an easy fix and bumpers don't have to be changed on ANY car anymore....I agree about the southern states cars seeing more road time but it really comes down to the owner like you've said yourself, I've seen 50,000km's car looking better then 5000km cars. It comes down to how well they were maintained.
    Rick se4nding you a PM about something private@!!