Ferrari F1 2000 Malesian GP-Tamiya 1/20th scale | FerrariChat

Ferrari F1 2000 Malesian GP-Tamiya 1/20th scale

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ilferraristarosso, Nov 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Wow! Very very nice! Inspiritational.

2. alessiofauci

alessiofauci Rookie

Sep 11, 2009
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Alessio Fauci
    this is really awesome!!

did you make some kind of manual about your work?
    would be great to have a look at the way you built it.

thx

3. ilferraristarosso

Feb 10, 2007
    Cremona, Italia
    Full Name:
    Massimiliano
    Many thanx guys.Sorry,there is no WIP for this model.
    I used Studio27 Malesian GP conversion kit,aluminiun rims,lots of Sakatsu accessoires as rivets,connectors,air valves etc.
    Build has been very long.

Max

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I figured I would have seen it on automotiveforums if there was a WIP. Too bad wish there was one!
    Doesn't anyone build OOB anymore? I can barely afford the kits these days let alone all of the aftermarket stuff it takes to make them look good! Just kidding about the OOB but seeing stuff like this and the builds on F1M sure keeps some of us from building. When you see what can be done sometimes you just shake your head in despair and go back to reading a book.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Superb job! Looks more detailed than some 1/12 models I've seen built.

6. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I'm the same way about all the extra things to buy. :) I try to make extra parts on my own, but they never really look good. Practice will hopefully cure that, though. Thanks again for sharing your work with us.

7. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I keep going through this debate with myself. I sort of want to get back into model building after some years away from it. I look at the price of a kit today and then all of the supplies and add-ons and then stop myself. At over, sometimes, $150 spent on a 1/24 scale kit and parts I'm well past the cost of many decent diecasts and well on the way to even the finest of diecasts such as Exoto or GMP. Hours of work or open a box and shove a finished model into the display case? The key I guess is the journey and I'm just not sure that I get enough out of building the darn things to invest $150 in a tiny plastic model. I'm much more attracted to 1/18 in diecasts. I'm drawn to 1/12 in plastic and resin kits but then the scale means you are even more forced into adding stuff to them and there goes the cost factor again.
    Beautiful model OP!