self-learning error...help!!! | FerrariChat

self-learning error...help!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by kzsport, Nov 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    Hi
    My bud's f360 with self-learning error while replacement f1 clutch sensor and thurst bearing requested from factory maual....The service manager said error maybe cause by F1 pump or Actuator....have to replacement then complete process self-learning of trans ...

Now,the vehicle trans light on and 1-2-R-N gear worked by panel.....safe funtion??
    I checked the detail of self-learning error then find low oil pressure while 2th into 3th gear only.
    also the gear disengaged and with error massage on SD3 for 4 times of self-learning.others looks okey.

I've checked f1 pump oil pressure,PIS,actuator sensor,air bleeded and brake swich.
    Still shifting 2th gear only.....I don't have any idea for Solution this trans error.....

Any Suggestion????

thanks for your opinions....

2. technician F

technician F Karting

Sep 15, 2009
    If you check all parameter is ok,may be failure of the new clutch sensor ,the bearing fix not correctly or F1 ECU problem.

3. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    thanks man!!
    I've new trans shift-gear info today.....1-2-R-N gear shift only before today...Because dealer close on weekend.No SD3 can diagnosis error of trans. so I try to drive this 360 on road test shift-gear after I bleeded air of F1 system again...When 2th gear with 3000RPM I shift to N and shift RH panel then gear goto 5th or 6th by speed or REV of engine...but shift gear down only!!!Can't shift gear UP!!!!
    What's error of F1 or trans system will cause this ???? still low oil perssure??
    I bleeded air of F1 system today find out 1 line's with low oil perssure that from power unit to actuator...looks like EV4 of f360 factory manual said I find out.But nothing better of shift-gear after bleeded air again of F1 system.....

Tomorrow will goto dealer and request self-learning by SD3 again...Let us see what's result come with!!!!

thanks

4. technician F

technician F Karting

Sep 15, 2009
    Why replace the sensor and thrust bearing before?

5. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    shift-gear with "kicked a foot" when 1th or 2th gear and 25K km Has driven on my bud's f360 f1.....I suggest replace clutch kit and thurst bearing frist to my bud...if have to replace clutch sensor that checked while take off the trans ass..I checked the clutch disc and 6.4 mm after I disassembled the trans ass..so I don't replacemented the clutch disc in this time for NEW disc 8 mm only..
    The crack clutch sensor fixed hold that I find out and replacemented with fixed.
    Doesn't replace the thurst bearing in last service of replacemented clutch kit..so this time replacemented with STUD FOR END OF STROKE*2.
    The vehicle with 79K km already..

thanks

6. technician F

technician F Karting

Sep 15, 2009
    The vehicle with 79K km.I suggest you check the three bleeding screw at the actautor,if loose,will cause pressure drop down.Besides,use the special tools to centring the gear shifting selection actautor lever.

7. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    thanks a lot man!!!
    I'll check it and let you know what's error cause self-learning not process by SD3....

8. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    I don't goto dealer to run self-learning today...they don't have time to do this...maybe tomorrow??
    So I come back my workshop then exchange solenoid valves both side of power unit....but seens nothing work better..what's worse is trans can't engaged of shifting gear....I need more f360 f1 system info of fault&resolution please......

thanks

9. technician F

technician F Karting

Sep 15, 2009
    Dont exchange the solesonid valve both side of power unit,there is two type of valve.one is for engage ,another is for selection.SV1 & SV2 is different to SV3 SV4 SV5 SVF.

10. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    I got it!!!!All actuator system don't work after exchanged solesonid valve..When I restores the original condition of solesonid valve on the power unit the same error like before.

But oil pressure was great of actuator after solesonid valve exchanged...But shift-gear not enganged at all.

Find out 2 blocking small oil fifter in the power unit pipe ....cause low oil pressure while carry out the self-learning of actuator????

Your opinions????

thanks

11. technician F

technician F Karting

Sep 15, 2009
    F1 system is not complicated.I am not work in your car so is difficult to indentify what problem. I think only dealer can help you because sometimes needs to put a new parts into the system to check.You dont have new parts to exchange.

12. North East Auto Doctors

BANNED

Nov 11, 2009
    conn
    Full Name:
    Adam Varney
    if your changing valves like that you have to do a system bleed with the actuator off the gearbox and the screws backed off. the sd3 is not the best tool to do a 360 with the sd2 is a better choice we would never use the sd3 to do a 360

hope this helps

sorry i just remembered having a problem on anouther just curious how often is the F1 pump cycling while the car is at idle?

13. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    thanks man

14. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    The F1 pump worked while I open the door and bleeding air with manual by shift-gear...How often??? I'm sure while low oil pressure at F1 system the pump as worked as normal...
    Only EV4 no oil perssure while I bleeding air of actuator....others valve okey...I believe that's result of shift-gear error.
    The vehicle can start&drive but 1st,2nd,R,N only.....Looks like the link by EV4 gear can't worked at this moment

15. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    I knew it...If they could...In CHINA the ferrari dealer not much maintenance experience for f360...The dealer in CHINA from 2004+ .....So I repair only by myself and professional technician like you man...

The EV4 no oil pressure while bleeding air of acutator by manual shift-gear.....Looks like the gear of link with EV4 can't worked....I believe the EV4 valve was the reasons for failure...How's your opinions???

16. technician F

technician F Karting

Sep 15, 2009
    You can exchange EV4 to EV3 or EV5 to test.EV4 is use for select the gear from 3,4 to 5,6 gear.

17. North East Auto Doctors

BANNED

Nov 11, 2009
    conn
    Full Name:
    Adam Varney
    Do you have a scope to check if the valve is being commanded also I would current ramp check the solenoid you think is bad against a good one or a crappy resistance test might get you started

18. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    Thanks man
    I'll do it....One point for driver this f360 and shift 1st gear into 2nd gear was okey..but 2nd gear into 3th gear can't process...But engine RPM goto 3000 or more I shift-gear to N and shift left penal the gear will into 5th or 6th gear then down-shift worked but up-shift error...Maybe TCU need reset for wrong program of shift-gear???

This is not easy work for normal shift-gear replacement parts before and error with after replaced......

19. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    The solenoid checked by ramp each and worked all.....any suggest???

thanks man

20. North East Auto Doctors

BANNED

Nov 11, 2009
    conn
    Full Name:
    Adam Varney
    it really sounds like you have a screw loose on the actuator and it needs to be bleed out with the tool or a pinched hose not letting the pressure get were it needs to do its job "move the fork"

21. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    thanks man!!!
    I'll goto dealer service and check the position of actuator by tool....My understanding was wrong position of actuator then not work of trans assy...Am i right????

thanks

22. North East Auto Doctors

BANNED

Nov 11, 2009
    conn
    Full Name:
    Adam Varney
    yes you are right but if the thing is not bleed properly with the tool it wont swing the accuator the way it should and will at least throw some sort of error at least on the 430 it would throw an error but not a real usefull error that would help much. The tool was kind of a joke we had to send ours out to a machine shop to even mount it to the accuator

23. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    The error of trans for shift-gear!!!!
    The 1st and 2nd gear shifting was normal .from 3th gear can't shift-gear but I can shift into 5th or 6th gear by high RPM and Speed the detail below this.
    From 2nd gear I make 4-5000 RPM and shift 2nd gear into N then shift Left penal the N will into 4th or 5th or 6th gear...If into 6th gear I can down-shift 6-5-4-3-2-1 gear...If into 5th gear I can't shift 5th into 6th gear but can down-shift 5-4-3-2-1.

In this case I try to bleeding air of acutator but seens somewhere will loose cause the error.

In CHINA very hard to get the SD2 or SD3 for test and repair the ferrari vehicle..The dealer still not has much repaired project of f360 so guys you should know How's diffcult of my working and marketing....

Anyway..I'm really appreciate for you guys help......

bran

24. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    Hi guys
    BAD NEWS.....The self-learning error of gear not engarged still with after I bleeded auctator by SD3 at F dealership.....

Is really hard to find out F1 shifting-gear the result of failure???

I've checked F1 full system incl power unit,F1 pump,auctator and everything okey.I replacemented TCU by 01' F360 F1 from my customer's but error still with.

The failure always appear in the 2nd into 3th shifting-gear of self-learning....The error shown"gear not engarged"....

I need the very clearly check list of self-learning not process please...Maybe I loose check some item or step in my workshop..I NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!

THANKS

25. North East Auto Doctors

BANNED

Nov 11, 2009
    conn
    Full Name:
    Adam Varney
    when they bleed the actuator with the SD3 did they pull the shift actuator off the gear box and back the screws out while performing the bleed function if they did not it is not going to do anything except waste your time and money