Toyota TF110 2010 F1 Car For Sale | FerrariChat

Toyota TF110 2010 F1 Car For Sale

Discussion in 'F1' started by jknight, Nov 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    My...isn't this convenient! Wonder who might be the purchaser of such goods??

Carol

F1 live

Toyota's completed 2010 Formula One car, the TF110, is reportedly available for purchase by other teams.

The French newspaper Le Parisien said that despite the Japanese manufacturer deciding to pull out of F1 immediately, its Cologne-based team had completed the design for next season.

USF1 and Manor would be the most likely potential customers, given that fellow new entrant Lotus is working with Aerolab on its 2010 car, and the Dallara-built Campos chassis has already passed its front and lateral FIA crash tests.

Meanwhile, development of Sauber/Qadbak's car has been continuous despite BMW's withdrawal, and although Toro Rosso must for the first time be a full constructor in 2010, work on the Faenza-based team's next car is well advanced.

It is also believed that the car design of the rejected 2010 entrant Lola is for sale, after a 50% scale wind tunnel model dubbed the MB-01 was revealed recently.

2. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    While I'll be the first to say the USF1 charade, with regards to the misinformation campaign, has been disappointing, this may have been the plan all along. I have no doubt that any group capable of funding a potential F1 team has weighed a multitude of options, including the purchase of a defunct team and/or its bits, or starting from scratch. Needless to say, starting from zero is the most costly and painful, and in this case, most likely the least succesful. In short, it may be an act if intentional brilliance and calculated risk to pick up the advancements and peices from one of a number teams they knew, for some time before any of us, was going to quit. Can't say I blame the logic, just the public b.s. they have insited on pedaling. Lastly, while its the smartest move, there is not much U.S. in U.S. F1. They really need an AmeriCAN driver and F1 needs a U.S. race.

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    better idea...we take up a collection and FChat buys the car. We already have a driver, thanks Andreas, Steve (Kraftwerk) can be our FOTA delegate, Dave (Viz) can be our sporting director, Michael (Yzee) will be our official photographer, Mike (SRT) is our tech director, I'll tackle the logistics, anyone else want a job??? Brian S. will be the team manager.

Carol

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'll drive :)

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I wonder if a Cosworth will bolt into it?

Personally, I don't care if the new teams make it to the grid in a Super Aguri cast-off, as long as they make it.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes, I'll sort out the VIP girls and perhaps be head of security.

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I want to be in the entourage. The team needs eye candy ;)

8. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    No you can be head of security as that would suit you better. I'LL sort out the VIP girls ;)

9. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Surely F chat would give this chance to the legend that is: Casey Putch first? :D

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Get in line mate:D.

11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    maybe these are the "serious negotiations" Casey has been in? :D

12. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    our European base will be your garage, hope it's better decor than USF1?

13. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Certainly need a 'development' driver

14. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Oh, get on it Carol, only 80 days before the first test.

It's too cold for aerodynamic testing here now so we'll move it down to our Houston hub aka Carol's pad, plus her car goes faster than mine, we'll get better data. I'm just folding up the model now.......

15. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I'm actually sad that you've forgotten the indispensable humorless number-crunching lab-coat-wearing egghead of German engineering fame who makes sure that no one laughs while working :(

16. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Since you're close, pop by and pick up the car for us please. Tell them, Carol says the cheque's in the mail, that works sometimes.....

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Garage? My room is better equiped than USF1 headquarters.

State of the art simulation system with the latest version of the 2009 season cars. Can easily modify it so the cars have tanks big enough to last a full race distance, slightly smaller front wheels shouldn't be an issue either and I can either drive on the Abu Dhabi track!

Suck on that USF1!!!

18. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Stop the Press .... Just heard the Papster is volunteering to be a VIP Girl ... he has the shorts for it.

You guys have fun. :D

19. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
  20. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Yeah have fun Bas, as you said you are first in the queue :D Ill take the lolipop mans job instead :)

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    doh!

Oh well...I promise I'll make up for it with the rest of the girls:D.

22. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    so it seems that we are on the right track

Team Manager - Brian S.
    FOTA Representative - Steve (Kraftwerk)
    European Base Operations/Security/Translator - Bas
    Security - zoRob job description also includes security for the "hot" FChat Girls and lolli-pop man during pit stops
    Toyota FChat Girls - Tillman and zoRob (girls will be like the Patron Girls) job description to be recruit/judge tryouts/chaperones at all races
    Official Photographer and assistant - Michael (Yzee) and Sam (SpeedySam)
    Technical Engineer - Mike (SRT)
    Pit Crew Leader and IT support for team and Toyota Germany Liason - Florian (Far Out) job description includes recruit/train/supervise/set-up
    Sporting Director - Dave (Viz)
    Transportation - 4rePhill
    Drivers - Andreas, Guy (Casey hasn't contacted the team about his intentions), test driver will be B-Mak

We will have to have our winter test home at MSR here in the Dallas area - we can borrow a garage that houses a single seater and two seater Radical - our drivers can practice with those for the time being.

Florian, box tops (oop's I meant check) will be in the mail and we can determine a shipping date when you get all the pertinent information from Toyota in Koln.

80 days and counting per the manager, guys, we must get busy!!!

Carol
    Administrative Assistant FChat Toyota F1

23. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    My job would be to mediate between Steve and the FIA?
    Thanks but crash test dummy might be a less painful job;)

24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    You aren't all that good looking as a woman though.

25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Can I be in charge of Toys and Merchandising? PLEASE!