Any one every Lemon the F430 ? | FerrariChat

Any one every Lemon the F430 ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Always_Fresh74, Nov 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Always_Fresh74

Always_Fresh74 Karting

Dec 16, 2008
    I'm just wondering if anyone has every actually did a buyback on a f430 ?

if you did, what was the problem and how did FNA handle the situation ?

2. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    Washington
    Full Name:
    AJ
    haha, that's actually a good question. I have never heard of such a thing with that particular car. Some on here would beg to differ. I guess you are asking cause you are having a vast majority of problems? and if so, what did the dealer say?

3. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    That would first depend upon your state of domicile and the lemon laws of that state.

The laws are not nationally uniform.

4. Always_Fresh74

Always_Fresh74 Karting

Dec 16, 2008
  5. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Ca I know as I handled one last year. Are you Norhern or Southern?

You need good written documentation of the issues dates to comply w/service orders.

That is to protect your rights you should give a written statement of the issues each time the car goes in for service.

You don't need to detail here but you can if comfortable give a brief summary of the issues.

6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    all ferrari's are lemons. it's just a case of actually trying the case. what they get away with on these cars is just a joke. no other manufacturer could. we all just pay the price because of their presence....

7. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    Washington
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Sadly the more you pay doesn't always bring quality! And how i was raised was not skimp cause it will actually cost you more later. In a sense of lets buy this now, to hold us over to the possibility of one day having the real deal later. I have always thought that good quality craftsmanship came with a good price to boot unless its a scam haha. I just hope I don't have this kind of trouble while finding the car i want. oh well I like the attention to detail, and if i fix something that's better than what ferrari put together in the first place should make you feel pretty good! haha

8. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    You're joking, right?

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #9 TheMayor, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    DITTO

Hey guys! I you think all of them are lemons -- I have a tip for you. DON'T BUY THEM. I'll get mine sooner.

Whiners do not need to apply.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +100000000000

11. ICEcap

ICEcap Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    #11 ICEcap, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    It depends on your expectations. In general the higher the production numbers the fewer problems customers will find. Therefore Toyotas have fewer lemons than Ferrari. So if your highest priority is a trouble free car, then skip the Ferrari and buy a Toyoda!

12. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Don't agree with this statement.

A lemon is quite definable and I don't know of many Ferrari's that fit this term.

13. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    It's a fine line between a lemon and a car being problematic. I've read some serious nightmares on this site (ie, variators, cats, manifolds, F1 trans). They seem far and a few, yet rarely have I read that Ferrari covered the costs of repair. You gotta pay to play and some guys are really PAYING.

14. solowmodel

solowmodel Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2009
    Seoul, London, VA
    Full Name:
    WK
    I remember reading on these forums whose been through at least 2 599's due to electrical problems.

15. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Do you own and run a Ferrari? Qualified to comment?

The impression I have is that the majority of Ferrari owners enjoy quite reasonable reliability from what are "highly strung" performance cars employing technology from the edge of the envelope.

16. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Mine has been flawless.

17. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would think issues like the 355 was plagued with wouldn't have lasted with any mainstream brands. Manifold and valve guide issues were not even fixed in the first year of the problem. I was one of the lucky ones that had to replace manifolds and ferrari wouldn't pay a nickel towards it. Saying every ferrari is a lemon is a stretch but there sure are some that should qualify.

18. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Here on the UK I did not need to fall bsck on consumer rights when dealing with a 'buyback' situation.

I ordered a 599 GTB when they were anounced, got it a year or so later, great. Not so, I ordered Grigio Silverstone, it came Nero, I ordered 20" Wheels, I got the **** basic ones. I told the dealer I wanted my deposit back, they tried to squirm out of it at first saying because there is a plaque on the glovebox saying 'Built by Ferrari for Michael James' they could not sell it ect.

I took the car, I did around 200miles, and after numerous issues with the dash telling me lights were out and parking sensors not working I told them to buy the car from me, for the price I paid. They did, it worked out well for me because I got a 599 for a month and a plaque, free.

Dont be shy with them, tell them your problems and if they want future trade from them they will do it for you, afterall it is the dealer, not Ferrari that brunts the cost.

All the best of luck
    Mike

19. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    Sounds like a lot of hassle when you are paying way over a 1/3 of a million dollars for a car. You figure you'd be treated like royalty shelling out that kind of cash for a factory new Ferrari. Instead your treated like a schmuck that got jipped by a used car lot salesman from New Jersey.

With all due respect to Ferrari_Mike, I guess the image of being a Ferrari owner and the thrill of driving a unique automobile is more important to some people than getting their hard earned money's worth in customer service and owner satisfaction.

20. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    The thrill is great, I would not buy 2-5 new Ferrari's per year for the last 3 years if the thrill was mundane, the image matters not to me, if it did I would make a point of driving slow, that, I assure you, I do not.

I get my money's worth from every penny I spend, be it in customer service or miles in the sole of a shoe, anybody that has had any form of contact will tell you I am far from stuck up, so having an arse licker for my every whim is not my style, If a car is going to be hard to shift and will not kill me to drive, I will drive it.

Money does not make a man (or woman) it is how one treats others around them that is the true measure of somebody.

Regards

Mike 'not hard to please' James

21. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    #21 KINGMONKEY, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    Donny
    I heard of 2 california buy back lemons at the dealer.I was told they could get on a order list after those buy backs.There is no doubt these cars can be fussy,But not are all lemons

Jeff

22. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #22 DrStranglove, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey, as someone else said, if you hate them so much, why are you even here?

Got to play these now....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Very eloquently put!

24. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    I sincerely hope you did not misinterpret my post for it was not directed in any way at you. As I stated, all due respect to you, Ferrari_Michael. Your last statement says it all. You obviously enjoy the ride. Keep flooring it!