"Super Ferrari's" in MN? | FerrariChat

"Super Ferrari's" in MN?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by mikesufka, Nov 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Guys -

Does anybody know if either of the "big four" reside in MN?

Just curious.

Mike

2. saleenfan

saleenfan Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    No Where
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Ive seen an F40 quite a while ago dont know if its still in the area or not, I also saw the Enzo when it was here too.

3. DesertTech

DesertTech Karting

Aug 24, 2008
    There used to be a 599 or two...there's a F430 Scuderia in rochester. Other than that, I heard there used to be an Enzo in edina somewhere

4. saleenfan

saleenfan Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    No Where
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I saw the Enzo in prior lake, Also there was a Mclaren F1 about 7-8 years ago too.

5. DesertTech

DesertTech Karting

Aug 24, 2008
    Yeah, IDK about other ferraris, but Sears imports says that there are 5 Mercedes SLR McLarens in the state.

6. BAM

BAM Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    the mclaren went up in flames in california not too long ago if im not mistaken. also, I have seen an f40 loaded up and shipped out of state not too long ago as well.

7. saleenfan

saleenfan Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    No Where
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    yes indeed you are correct.

8. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    not ferraris but i heard a couple years ago there were 5 carerra GTs around...

More importantly are there any AM Vanquishs? Did the one at maser of mpls stay around?

9. Alzilla

Alzilla Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    There was a nice F40 that was stored for a day or two at Maserati of Minneapolis a few years ago supposedly. I also know of a 16M in Minnetonka.

10. saleenfan

saleenfan Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    No Where
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Im pretty sure that the vanquish at maser was a hockey players.... not sure though. I also know there is another silver Vanquish and another silver Vanquish S (at least last summer).

11. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

A friend of mine had a Silver Vanquish w Q-Citura Seats and Headliner for sale about (maybe 9 months ago) at the Maserati store. I also saw a black SLR with Minnesota plates, parked alongside a black Drophead with big wheels (MN plates as well) in Scottsdale.....

12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread but wanted to clarify, the F1 that caught fire in California did have an owner from Minnesota but wouldn't have been the same car there in 2002-2003. In fact I don't know which F1 that might have been.

The car that burned in June 2009 in Santa Clara, CA was chassis #067 and I believe it changed hands from its previous owner, Elon Musk, sometime in 2007.

After the fire it was sent back to the factory to be rebuilt and just over one year later it was returned to its Minnesota owner. I wouldn't guarantee it is kept locally though, as he claimed he'd had it stored in California for about 6 months prior to the fire and he once displayed it at the Sun River Festival in Oregon.

You can read the story of the car's rebuild here online:

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/columns/legal-files/2694-a-mclaren-f1s-rise-from-the-ashes

>8^)
    ER

13. Pasta

Pasta Rookie

Aug 19, 2011
    Maple Grove
    Full Name:
    Dan
    ive heard of a F40 around and seen a few Carrera GTs as well as a SLR and a Drophead Rolls ..and although not quite a supercar but it does have an Enzo engine,.. my old mans got a '10 599HGTE

14. B.Bet

B.Bet Rookie

Jun 4, 2013
    Minneapolis,MN
    Full Name:
    Blake
    I saw a yellow F40 at Wheels Of Italy in Minneapolis a couple years ago, I think the year was 2010.
    I have also seen pictures that my cousin took of a red F50 near Lake Minnetonka.
    I have heard that there are no Enzos currently in the state, but I wouldn't be surprised if there where.

15. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    The F40 was from out of state. The was one here a while back that is now gone. Don't know about an F50 and there are no Enzos.

There will be a Bugatti Veyron at Wixon Jewelers on Friday.