Three Enzos on Ebay! | FerrariChat

Three Enzos on Ebay!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Tipo815, Nov 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #1 Tipo815, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
    I don't think I've ever seen three Enzos on Ebay at one time! It's rare enough to see them for sale period let alone for sale on Ebay (once in a while) let alone three of them for sale at the same time on Ebay (never)!

In TX, #130727, 9900 miles, red: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Ferrari-ENZO-Clear-Bra-Only-9-900-Miles-Red-Black_W0QQitemZ260508034702QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ca77d268e

In FL, #134282, 909 miles, black: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-FERRARI-ENZO-BLACK-BLACK-909-MILES-ONE-OWNER_W0QQitemZ130344363342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1e5921254e

In NJ, #134279, 4200 miles, red: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Ferrari-ENZO_W0QQitemZ260498137304QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ca6e620d8

2. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
  3. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Griffin! *shakes fist*

4. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Previous eBay ad for Enzo #130727, note the VIN...

Current eBay ad for the car... note the VIN...

"Need I say anymore(sic)?"

Umm... yeah, actually... like "this is the Eddie Griffin Enzo, crashed for all the world to see"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62VmJReYNNI

For the OP, Andy House is indeed the guy who drove the Veyron into a salt marsh this past week...

5. ms.gto

ms.gto Formula Junior

May 17, 2008
    Mornington Peninsula
    Full Name:
    andrew tregurtha
    Why buy a beautiful Black Enzo, and not drive it.? That would kill me to walk past it every day

6. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    When will you bite the bullet?

Me too, that's why I'll take mine over 100k miles....

7. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I didn't put two and two together but it's amazing how the price of this particular car keeps going up. It was offered to me a almost a year ago for $850k and I thought that was too much! I then seem to recall it being for sale for around $1 million. And now someone's asking $1.3? I seriously wonder if these people really believe their own stories and think this particular car - with its history - is actually something to desire?! There's a sucker born every minute but I don't know many who can write a million dollar check! :)

8. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    I'm amazed that the buyer bought that car thinking they could sell it at a significant profit. But there are people, just like the current seller, who will buy this car. It will eventually sell, but we'll probably see it around for a while with different stories and prices.

9. Parker

Parker Karting

Mar 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    It is my understanding that the guy selling the infamous Griffin Enzo (Andy) has a history of selling previously damaged cars without acknowledging that they have been repaired. There is a thread in the American section of this forum about him trying to sell a Ford GT with the Heritage paint scheme that previously had some serious damage.

He seems to always be changing the story on his cars. As with the Enzo, he had one ad for the Ford GT that didn't mention the previous damage and another that did. I guess he has trouble making up his mind on if he wants to be honest or not.

After seeing his shenanigans, it makes me even more cautious when I consider a used car.

That Veyron he dumped into the salt marsh is reportedly already up for auction. Not sure how they managed to get it cleaned up and get the insurance stuff sorted out so quickly. Seems like there is something fishy (no pun intended) going on with that car as well. The video of him driving into the salt marsh makes it look just a little too staged. That is my opinion anyway.

10. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Someone should message him and ask about accident damage.

11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Agree Totally.

Very Strange.

12. Parker

Parker Karting

Mar 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    I think the current owner is the one who purchased it from the insurance company and fixed it up. I have been told that the current owner ("Andy") owns an auto repair company that specializes in fixing up salvaged or otherwise damaged vehicles.

13. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Posts by Andy over at Corvetteforum about this Enzo

14. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    The history on that car is pretty much all over the place. It was fixed by a guy in TX. I saw the car and drove in it. Search the last 6 of the VIN on this forum and Google for some stories.

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    As has already been mentioned, this is the infamous Daniel Sadeck / Eddie Griffin / Redline Enzo.

I don't know for a fact, but I have a feeling that this is a scam. It's been on and off of eBay, Craig's List and LemonFree.com since January, starting at $1.6MM. I don't think it's a real ad.

This is the only car you should seriously consider buying. :) I promise to come over every weekend and wash and wax it and clean the wheels with my toothbrush.

16. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Bill and Jim - I wonder the same thing as well?! How on earth does a crashed 10k mile Enzo even pass for being a million dollar car let alone anything more than that?! At $1.3k it's definitely going to sit around for a while. I also wonder why the accident doesn't show on Carfax? Regardless of how much it cost to fix and who fixed it (short of it being sent back to Ferrari in Italy) it's hard to imagine it being worth more than $750,000 in my opinion.

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Because the accident wasn't reported to the insurance company, and repair costs weren't attempted to be reimbursed through the insurance company. If the insurance company doesn't find out about it, they can't forward the information to CarFax.

18. Parker

Parker Karting

Mar 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    NNO - You seem to be trying to tell us all something with your signature, but I can't quite figure it out. J/K :)

19. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    I almost bought it for about that. But then I'd have to put $100K into it to make it perfect assuming the tub was good, which wasn't tested. So I'm in for $850K which isn't bad for a perfect Enzo, assuming you never want to sell it.

So now you got a perfect Enzo for $850K, but not a good feeling about the car's history. Is another $400K worth it for "peace-of-mind"? That's something the buyer would need to deal with.

BTW, this car was SERIOUSLY abused but the engine and transmission seemed as new. IMHO, the Enzo is virtually indestructible. Mine hasn't broken yet (knock on Carbon).

20. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    don't worry, i just bought the black one....sick sick sick muthaf#$^%#^ machine!!!!

oh, wait, that was this morning's dream...

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm with you on that.

Best

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The implication is both grotesque and hilarious. I laughed out loud. :)

23. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004

Ha! I later realized I should have typed Carbon FIBER.

24. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    #24 bgck13, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
    I also find it funny it is listed as not being wrecked. As mentioned, this car has been put through the ringer without even considering the crash. Post crash, this car has been ran pretty hard at Motorsports Ranch in Angleton, Tx, presumably by Mr. House.

If Ferrari had rebuilt this I could see it going for $850k. No more. It's red and it has a decent # of miles on it. Considering the stories on this car I see it as a $650k-$750k car. That is my opinion but you know what "they" say about opinions...

PS. There are some very noticeable gaps in the body work. Obvious Ferrari didn't fix it

25. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    He is still claiming that the Enzo he lists as #zffcw56a730130727 he is selling is not the same Enzo #zffcw56a730130727 wrecked by Eddie Griffin. :D