SD3 Tester | FerrariChat

SD3 Tester

Discussion in '360/430' started by srosen, Oct 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srosen

srosen Rookie

Oct 24, 2005
    #1 srosen, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
    I have recently received a SD3 tester, this is the second unit since the first was purchased some time ago and had a timer which counted down every thirty days and sometimes I would wait 60 days plus to get new subscription but enough of that. I would like to know if anybody has successfully used the SD2 emulation mode I do have a SD2 tester and have no issues with it but would like to be able to print documents as well as have the ability to use the SD3 in this mode for earlier cars I do realize I need to use serial port and the last tester I had I spent many hours without success of using this mode.

Thanks in advance,

Stewart Rosen

2. Nick

Nick Formula Junior
    Sponsor Professional Ferrari Technician

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    Common communications problem in the SD2 emulation mode. Word of advice, hang on to your SD2. It is getting difficult to keep SD3'S running.

3. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    #3 rustybits, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009

4. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

RS232 has to be used with the #7 cable bundle.

Emulation works.

5. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    The use of the RS232 isn't the issue. The issue is that the pc SD2 program won't read off the software list from the tester, although it aknowledges that it's hooked up. I had exactly the same problem with mine, and i tried it on 3 RS232 equiped laptops. i eventually got mine going by wiping the tester and re-installing everything and also the PC software. That was several months ago and i haven't had a problem since. This isn't the fist instance i've heard about relating to the porting software.

6. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Sorry, my mistake.

I use emulation from pc to sd3 via cable 01-serial com port