next weekend cruise? | FerrariChat

next weekend cruise?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by parkerfe, Nov 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    #1 parkerfe, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
    I am set to pick up the ole Boxer tomorrow morning. With a fresh service and new clutch, I'm ready to rack up a few miles...

2. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR

Frank. I know the Lotus Club has their monthly drive this coming Saturday, and I had planned on hitting that one. Mick usually posts something up here during the week.

(On-a-side-note, I was thinking of another one for Saturday Dec19th before everyone heads away for the holidays so stay tuned!)

BobR

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Where does the Lotus club meet up to leave?

4. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Frank. Always at the Starbucks 400/X13 across from The Avenues. Time is 9am and all fueled up already. (Weather is looking to be excellent for a nice full day of driving)

5. MickOpalak

MickOpalak Karting

May 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mick Opalak
    Yep, you guys beat me with all the details. Everyone is invited. Route to be determined.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I picked up the Boxer this morning and drove her to work...the ole Fiat is running sweet... I love the way the new Bell silencer sounds. The new clutch sure gives my left leg a work-out...I'm going to have to get used to the quick engagement. Depending on family obligations, I will try to be at Starbucks on Saturday...

7. Nick McCardle

Nick McCardle Rookie

Aug 18, 2005
    Canton, GA
    Full Name:
    Nick McCardle
    I'll plan on coming Sat, would like to enjoy the new toy. Been about 5 years since I went on a mountain run.

8. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Reminder. Tomorrow is the LLSE monthly drive........Please remember to
    come with your car fueled up and read to leave at 9am.

BobR

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Thanks to the Lotus folks, today's cruise was a blast. FYI, with its 70s technology brakes and suspension, along with ~3.5k lbs of weight, a BB512i cannot stay up with a Lotus on twisty mountain roads. It was fun trying though. ;)

10. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Frank. I clocked 190mi back to home. (We went up to Blairsville from Suches for lunch then down 129 and over to 348 and back). Your car looked excellent, and sounded outstanding as-well!

(Sorry bout' that one sharp left a few minutes after we left the Chevron. Seems to catch me each time.......... looks like the road heads straight until you see the 2x yellow hang a hard-left).

BobR

11. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
  12. Nick McCardle

Nick McCardle Rookie

Aug 18, 2005
    Canton, GA
    Full Name:
    Nick McCardle
    Had a good time putting around in the back with the Vette. I look forward to doing it again. I'll post some iPhone pics I took either today or tomorrow.

13. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Nick. Glad you could make it along. (And honestly, while for any of these events there are typically a wide variance of cars, drivers and driving speeds). Best to just be safe, drive at your own pace.........and agan, be safe.

Some websites you will see out there truely think these are some kind of moonshine "run", and that is the farthest from what it is. They typically also report that their day was good because only one car went off the road..............

Thanks for coming out!