I want more model threads - more 1/18 pics etc!!! | FerrariChat

I want more model threads - more 1/18 pics etc!!!

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by johneli1, Nov 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    This forum seems to have less on it about 1/18 diecast models lately. There used to be modfied ferraris, lambos etc and pics of new releases etc - what's happened to all that? I stumble across the fact the Autoart have released the Gallardo LP560-4 yesterday - has anybody got it? GIVE ME MY FIX!!!!

2. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    +1 I agree ..... I too want more 1:18 talk

3. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    Did it get released in North America? Or one of those "just European" things? I've had my eye on that for quite some time, I can't wait to get it!

4. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    There are a few on Ebay but I want it in white and that's not out yet - it's on Autoarts website. Didn't like the wheels when it was first shown on the 1:1 but in 1/18 they look awesome! There's even someone on Ebay selling decal sets to turn it into a 550-2 Balboni!

5. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    I posted my prime black it had one reply, so people wont really bother if they think there is no intrest.

6. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Where is it? I want to see it!

7. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John

I just found that - I did look at it but didn't post a comment. I promise to post comments on every thread I look at regarding 1/18 cars!

8. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    I absolutely agree with you, the rims on the model look stunning
    I'm even selling my diablo roadster to get this! I just need a buyer and I've never used ebay to sell anything

I just checked out some on ebay, looks amazing, and I agree the white does look the best

9. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #9 lucky_13_2002, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
    Here is your fix man.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if you need another dose

10. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John

STUNNING!!!!! That's exactly what I'm in need of. Where did you get those rims? they look great. Post more of anything you have. I am waiting for APM to release a 1/18 version of their Koenig Countach transkit (they do it for the 1/12) for the Kyosho - then I will post pics of that!

11. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael

The rims came from my parts-box. Not sure where they came from. 80% of the interior is scratchbuilt. The front hood and the bumpers are the only parts that are not modified. Gear shifter is functional and the boot is real fabric. The whole thing is based on the Hot Wheels (non Elite) Mondial and it took me months to complete. Will post more pictures tonight.

12. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #12 laudaman, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Pretty simple really with the F430.
    Put wheels and tires from a 360 CHStradale, seats from the 550 Barchetta, paint the whole interior red and flock the floor and you are done.

14. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You make this sound easier than it really is! Haha :) I don't have a Challenge Stradale or Barchetta. I've been trying to not break anything on the car as the interior and base are extremely fragile and bendable. How can I remove the dash and center console without breaking the car? It's going to be one pain in the ass to put back together. It'll hopefully be worth it though! Any other suggestions?

Chris

15. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    If you want to add some detail without breaking the bank I would suggest the photoetch kit from tremonia.org. They have 2 sheets for the F430 at €7 each. First one is all the grilles, brakes and some interior stuff. Second one is a wing, front splitter, window frames, fuel filler, etc. They also make a set for the Scuderia.
    If you want a bit more there are resin parts from legende and if you want to go all out there are the kits for Hamann and Fabulous but now you're back to $60 and up.

16. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I've got to say that the photo-etch parts from Tremonia are really good value for money! There are a few sites that do the CH Stradale rims but it's getting the tyres that is the hard bit!

17. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    It does look excellent!

18. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the help and input guys. I do have a major favor to ask, if I were to purchase the F430 (second kit - 2) and the Lamborghini Murciélago kit from Tremonia.org, how much would my total be including shipping to the United States? I don't understand the website.

Thanks!
    Chris

19. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Go to the contact menu and click on order. There are instructions there and an email address. You tell them what you want and where you are and they email you a total. Then use Paypal. There is also someone on Ebay selling tremonia's stuff but it is hit or miss what is listed at any given time.

20. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
  21. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
  22. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Here are some more progress pics that would give you an idea how much work went in this Mondi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Fantastic - more, more more lucky!

24. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Here is the creation of the engine hood, which is different on Cabriolets than on coupes. When I first cut the roof I had no idea what I was getting into.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]