How does this sound? | FerrariChat

How does this sound?

Discussion in '348/355' started by xplosive1, Dec 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplosive1

xplosive1 Rookie

May 15, 2008
    How does this sound to you? It is the first start after many years. It was started at a shop and a video taken. I have not heard it in person. I am not sure how much oil is exactly in the car.

It does not sound right to me at all. I know it is in a need of a 30k service, but can you pick out any problems from just the sound alone? Can you pick out what may need special attention?

I believe the motor turns off if the gas pedal is hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGk0eN7mtxk

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    :eek: Geez - it can't be healthy to run it with it sounding like that. Hopefully you don't have to do that again. :(

Sorry, I know that's not all that helpful - good luck. :eek:

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. BM9000

BM9000 Rookie

Apr 4, 2009
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It sounds like an exhaust leak to me. But it is hard to tell without actually standing next to it and finding the source of the noise.
    It does not sound very good to say the least. Is it possible to rev it at all and does it get worse?
    For a car that has not been started for awhile, It does fire off pretty good.

4. xplosive1

xplosive1 Rookie

May 15, 2008
    As soon as you hit the gas, the motor shuts off, so I do not know if the sound would get better or worse. The clutch and the brakes are dead, I think they both need to be bled. So I am not sure if it is in some sort of safety mode?

5. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    #5 rbellezza, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    It sounds very depressive mate, clutch and brakes are down too? Where this poor car came from ? I think she needs a lots of love and .... money ! I hope and wish you the best ...

6. xplosive1

xplosive1 Rookie

May 15, 2008
    Thanks, the motor was out a while ago, and then put back in. After it was put back in, the clutch and brakes were not bled.

When the motor was out, I did not know about the 30k service, otherwise I would have done it at that point. But now the motor is back in place, so now it is in my possession and will take it out to perform the service.

I was just hoping to get some feedback as to what I should look into, over and above the regular service.