Thinking of moving to Denver area | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thinking of moving to Denver area

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by hdpt00, Nov 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I'm going to come visit in January... btw what's the zip in Genesee, can't find anything on realtor...

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #27 PhilNotHill, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    Golden is the zipcode for Genessee and I doubt if many realtors from
    golden get up there. Two completely different communities.

Check out Evergreen 80439 it is next to Genessee and you won't have hear to the trucks shifting on I-70. I lived there (Evergreen) for 5 years and loved it. Tupper Briggs has the best agency in town. Most listings and a real businessman. Good luck.

3. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    What's the consensus on these cities and can you share some info on them?

Parker

Castle Rock

Cherry Hills

Englewood

Greenwood Village

Thanks!

4. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Net worth and "income" are different things.

I would think most of the players in Aspen would have most of their assets hidden from those type of rankings.

5. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Brandon,
    It would help if you could tell us what you are looking for vs where you are. What do you want to do for recreation? What about work, if any? Would you prefer more property or is living in a development OK?

I lived in Douglas County from 1983-2006 but always had acreage. It was quite rural in 1983, pretty highly developed now. Much of the county relies on deep wells for water and there have been some issues with water tables dropping and bills going a lot higher. I drove Fcars year round then.

Dave

6. five40iguy

five40iguy Rookie

Dec 3, 2009
    #31 five40iguy, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Attached find a pic from late Oct. This is not typical but does happen every few years. Next day roads were clear, three or four days later most had melted
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    The zip in Genesee is 80401 but this covers a much broader area.

Go to www.recolorado.com and type in Genesee for subdivision. Genesee is not a town but is large enough to be one. It has its own water supply and security.

A real estate agent to consider is Jack McCutchan with Sotheby's. He is very familiar with the area. He was the agent on my home purchase a year ago.

Jack McCutchan CRS, GRI, ABR
    Fuller/Sotheby's International Realty
    31421 Upper Bear Creek Rd.
    Evergreen, CO 80439
    Office Phone: (720) 488-6013
    Cell Phone: (303) 478-6995

Best...Jim

8. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The weather here is very sporadic. Just a few weeks ago it was barely above 0 degrees Fahrenheit in the day. Now it is back into the 40's. As for the snow, it depends on the year and the temperature. It's never on the roads for more than a few days in my experience. The gravel and dirt on the road though is very bad around here. Even in the summer. If you do decide to move here, a 3M clearbra is a must. You simply cannot drive without worrying where the next rock chip is going to come from. Also, I would recommend having two sets of wheels (one with summer tires and one with winter tires). On a side note: your cars will lose about 15-20% of their power at this altitude. I suggest looking into aftermarket exhausts and ECU chips in order to help with this problem.

My $.02,
    Rick

9. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm currently looking for property with mountain views to build a vacation house. I'm interested in locations that provide easy access to trails for hiking and mountain biking in the summer, and close proximity ( < 50 miles ) to ski resorts for snowboarding in the winter such as winter park. Also, great roads for driving and road cycling are important to a lesser extent. Any recommendations of areas to check out? I'm currently looking around the Idaho Springs area. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Chris

10. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Check out Chaffee county. Probably the best hiking area in the state which is saying a lot because it's great just about everywhere. There are also great mountain biking trails, river rafting and driving roads. The climate is drier and warmer than most mountain ares. Monarch, Copper mtn and Vail are 1.5 hours or less. Prices are relatively cheap because there are no ski resorts. You can get acreage for 100K or less that would cost millions in Aspen or Vail.

Dave

11. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    I just moved to Denver and I love the weather. I'm not leaving for a long time.

12. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Dave,
    Thanks for the tip. I will add that to the search. Hopefully, I will be able to find something somewhere soon!

Regards,
    Chris