I miss my 430..... | FerrariChat

I miss my 430.....

Discussion in '360/430' started by The Ape, Jan 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Guys,
    As some of you know I cancelled my 599 HGTE order due to some aggressive persuasion by my accountants and financial advisors due to the fact that I owed my ex-wife a house, etc

The banks were offering such horrible loans that I ended up paying cash and not doing a 30yr fixed that would have freed up a huge chunk of cash. Painful at the time but a smart move.

Anyhow, I listened and Im glad I did. I know have that home paid off (no mortgage is wonderful), leased a Panamera 4S as a daily driver (amazingly brilliant sedan) and Im
    back in the position to buy (not lease) a Ferrari BUT I dont want to spend 385K nor do I want to spend half that.....

I sold the 430 (06' Coupe, F1) around 9 months ago. There isn't a day that goes by that I dont think of it EVEN AFTER ALL ISSUES! My car was a Lemon, no doubt about it, but when it ran it was the greatest car ever. So Im here to declare that I am SERIOUSLY considering getting into a 430 again. If I do it has to be an 08' or 09'(if there are any) and it has to be a coupe.......As some of you know I put 27K miles on my 430 in 2 yrs, so Im not afraid of miles on a car BUT I am concerned about getting another Lemon, so I will take my sweet time searching.

The Ferrari bug has bitten me and there is no substitute.......It says an awful lot about the Marque that even after all I went through with my 430 that I cant wait to get back in one!!!

2. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    all the above were wise moves "ape"

welcome back!! Great time to buy! im sure you'll get a beautiful coupe...

the "F" bug is a tough one to shake!!

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Good for you :) I think the search for the right car is an exciting thing in itself. Are you going to stick with the 430 for the search? Keep us posted and let us know if you need some help scouting.

4. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Get a "inexpensive" high mileage c430 with up to date service in outstanding condition and drive the hell out of it without and ounce of driving guilt?

Save your cash up for the 458?

5. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    That says allot about the 430. Out of over 35 cars I have owned, I only had seller's remorse twice (and severe cases at that). Right now a 430 Spider is the planned replacement for my 360 Spider, but I am in no hurry as I just love my car.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ape- Welcome back. Withdrawal symptoms are a horrible thing. Scuderias are coupes, too, and there are some pretty good prices out there right now. The 2008s had some worthwhile improvements over the 2007s. There is a thread on that here somewhere.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm laughing because I KNEW this was going to happen!

08's --- definately the way to go. Great car PLUS warranty. CC brakes are fantastic. Coupes are hard to find though....

But there ain't no way no one is dragging my spider out of my hands!

Owning F cars are like eating Peanuts. Once you have one, it's hard to stop. I'm at four and I haven't been able to stop yet.

Good luck in the search... nine months is way too long! How did you ever survive????

8. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Ape... nice to hear from you again.
    Good luck with the search. I'm sure you'll find something amazing.

Frank

9. Caholo1

Caholo1 Rookie

Jan 5, 2006
    Alamo, California
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Ape,
    I miss my F430 also. Sold mine 6 month ago after 33,000 miles of driving pleasure.
    I recomend a manual transmission for a car that stays out of the shop.
    Good luck on your search, I'm looking too. Driving a Ferrari is an emotional experience.

Terry

10. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    There's a few coupes down here at Boardwalk, one an absolutely gorgeous grigio silverstone over bordeaux

11. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    Ape,

When you say it was a lemon what were some of your issues with the car? I take it the '08's and up have the bugs worked out of them. I hope you find one that won't become a nightmare.

12. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Thanks so much everyone. I'm really excited to see what comes up. I started checking around last week to see where the market is headed. There seems to be quite a bit of speculation as to how the 458's arrival will factor into 430 pricing.

I cant believe how much that car got under my skin!! I literally dream of driving my 430 and when I wake up and realize it's gone Im bumming hard.

Now the search begins.

Ape

: )

13. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Don't miss checking out the scud, man. They're almost giving them away now.

14. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ape,

Nice to see you around, long time no see!!!!! I read in a thread some where else on the board that you had given up the Fcar and I was bummed for you! Crossing the fingers you are able to get back behind the wheel again and soon!

15. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Jamie...i appreciate your enthusiasm!!

but "almost giving them away"!!!!

still in the mid $250,000.00 range....thats a quarter of million dollars!!

and here in lovely California... almost 10% sales tax.. and Registration fee every year that would make you choke!!

Disclaimer------may be to some that is giving them away!! not to me!

16. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    As some have pointed out I should check out a Scud. I may actually do just that. This time I will NOT be using my 430 as a daily driver which makes a Scud much more desirable.

I do however LOVE the 430 as is and would be more than happy with an 08' Coupe. I may even decide to go the spider route? Whatever the case, I will take my time and let the right car appear to me at the right time.

Ape

17. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Have my fingers crossed that I DONT have a lemon 430. I got mine this past July with 2K miles and put 2.5K on from Jul to Nov. It is an 06 coupe 6 speed that I bought at a F dealership. Flawless so far and I love it. Right now it is sleeping under cover in the northeast. I expect to pick up where I left off in the spring and have the 5K service done around my one year of ownership mark.

What should I expect that to run me, anyway?

18. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    The fact that you have a 6 speed is a plus in terms of potential issues. The F1 system is much more prone to issues.

I cant recall what my 5K service ran me....maybe $1200?

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I've had zero issues with my '08 F1. I drive it all the time. The only issue I've had with the car are some minor cold start problems. The rest of the car has been flawless.

My yearly service ran $1400 at the dealer.

20. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    The 08' F1 is far and above better than previous years...Im glad to hear that you've had no issues with yours. When I test drove an 08' Coupe last year it shifted so perfectly that it was as if I was driving a DCT like in the California.....All the clunky and jerky tendencies were erased but all the good aspects remained.

Again, I was VERY unlucky with my 06' but thats all behind me now.

21. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    think about it in Jamie's prospective though
    our Canadian prices are rediculous plus we have 13% taxes here!

22. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    heck, mines in for just a standard service and i already miss it!

23. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Woohoo...what a move! Good to hear our man is coming back...

24. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Best of luck with the search Ape! :D:D

What colour 430 are you chasing this time mate?? :):)

25. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    PAP! Im thinking that I want to get back into a Black/Black Coupe. If the right car comes along in every way BUT isn't Black then I would consider another color.

Im even considering a Scud or Spider. Im leaving my options open and taking my time.
    This time I have the cash in hand and can strike when the right car appears.

Ape