Battery Tender | FerrariChat

Battery Tender

Discussion in '360/430' started by RIX 360, Jan 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman
    Besides the passenger footwell in a 430 is there a battery terminal location in the trunk to hook up a battery tender. Any other ideas.
    Thanks for your help,
    Ric

2. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    If the 430 is set up like the 360, there may be terminals behind the driver's seat behind the access panel...

3. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    Suggest you review a recent Thread about the Batter Maintainer in the 430 section.. Several of us have issues with the factory unit.

4. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman
    I have used the Battery Tender on all my cars for years and all has been OK. I was just looking for an alternative place to hook it up. Looks like it'll be in the passenger footwell.

5. Green

Green Karting

Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Yes, I hook up my tender into a plug in the trunk (on the left side up front).

6. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman
    The only plug I see is on the firewall and not made for a charger. Am I missing something ???

7. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #7 leead1, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    I have 16 cars and all of them have vattery tenders. I have not had any problems and the factory will help with special requirements if asked. One of my old cars had a 6 volt system and I changed the battery to 8 volt to help start it better. Battery Tender provided a 8 volt tender. I like them because they run very cool although on a real dead battery they do have some heat for a short time.

I am sure you find a way to hook up your pig tail near the engine. But why bother.

I think it is better to get close to the battery. on my F430 that is on the passenger side in the front seat where your feet are. That is where I have my pig tail. It is easy to plug in for storage.

Some of the 360's and 430's have a plug in the trunk in front of the windshield. It is on the right at the very top.

Lee

8. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman
    Just put the pig tail in, passenger side in front of the seat.

9. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    My 430 Spider came with a plug-in behind the driver seat. I do not know if it came from the factory that way or installed by the dealer. I purchased the car new in Dec. 07 and it came with the tender ready to just plug into it

10. ENDOSURG

ENDOSURG Karting

Dec 9, 2008
    Massena,New York
    Full Name:
    Vijaykumar Mandalaywala
    yes there is one located behind driver's seat.Remove the panel it is secured with 3-4 screws.As you pull the panel you will see the positive terminal and just to the right(towards the door) about 6 inches from the positive terminal you will find a ground bolt hook up the negative to this bolt.you can leave a pigtail from the side outside and cover the panel.

11. enasiwear

enasiwear Rookie

Jan 16, 2010
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Whats a battery tender?

12. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    #12 RobD, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    It is a low amperage battery charger that keeps the battery charged when the car is not in use. Modern cars' electronics (alarm, key-less entry, etc.) draw power even when the car is parked. Without a tender, the Ferrari's gel battery would be dead within a couple of weeks. Mine once went dead after 10 days.

Unlike a trickle charger, a battery tender is computer controlled and will not over-charge the battery. This is the one I have: http://batterytender.com/automotive/battery-tender-plus-12v-at-1-25a.html

13. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Uhhh... don't you mean a 12-volt system? I don't think anyone makes any 8-volt anything for automobiles. Nowadays, it either 12-volt or 24-volt.

Mike