430 Replacement Key | FerrariChat

430 Replacement Key

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fundlawyer, Jan 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fundlawyer

Fundlawyer Karting

Jul 30, 2009
    Old Westbruy, NY
    Full Name:
    Douglas Hirsch
    So I can't find one of my keys for my car. Call the dealer and he tells me he wants $650 for a new key and an hour of labor to reprogram the key for a grand total of $810. Thats right - $810 for a key!

Someone please tell me where I can get a replacement key for my 430 for a reasonable price. Thank you.

2. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I am in a similar situation, I only received one key with my car.

The prices here in Canada is even worst, I was give a quote of $1,200.

If anyone has a source for a more reasonable priced options please let us know.

Thanks in advance!

3. deluboz

deluboz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2008
    Plano,Texas
    Full Name:
    John C. Lin
    Check out this link, I've ordered mine for 360 and have just have Ferrari charge cost to re-program.

http://www.remote-superstore.com/webstore/search.php?word=ferrari&page=2

4. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I'm sure someone more knowledgable than I will jump in, but IIRC *if* you have the red master key programming the black slaves is a DIY task - I'm sure I've seen the instructions for how to do it posted here somewhere.

Now, without the master you're in trouble.....

Cheers,
    Ian

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #5 tazandjan, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    John- The remote you ordered is just a transmitter. It cannot be reprogrammed by Ferrari or anyone else. It is the Alarm ECU that needs to be reprogrammed to accept a new set of three fobs with PIN. The best you can do with your new fob is have someone clone it for you to match your current operating fob. Look in the Tech Q&A forum for who can do this. Here is Alarm Fob 101 for 360 owners, not 430 owners.

The 360 alarm and fob system has nothing in common with the 430 alarm/remote/immobilizer system, which is much more modern and can accept up to 7 keys/remotes.

Douglas- Those keys/remotes do turn up on E-Bay occasionally. Otherwise they are bloody expensive. Ricambi sells them for ~$683. It is actually a good deal to be able to get replacements readily and not have to go through the hassle John will see replacing his alarm fobs. Plus you get a key and a fob at the same time. Separate for older Ferraris.

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=277572

The attachment below has no application for the 430.

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson

$400-450 for a Porsche key so that sounds about right, unfortunately.

7. mikebrinda

mikebrinda Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2008
    Wife's purse stolen. Mercedes electronic key replacement: $240. Includes programming new key.

Ferrari should not gouge on key prices. A lost or stolen key is just an additional tax on a bad situation, that nobody should further exploit a brother on.

Mike

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mike- Ferrari parts prices are high because of the small number of vehicles manufactured. No surprise keys are no different.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

9. mikebrinda

mikebrinda Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2008

Understood. So I will go with the flow in general on Ferrari parts pricing. And if I lose my key? My bad. Pay the man.

But if I can produce a police report that lists the key with my other stolen property, should dealer replacement key pricing drop for me in this scenario? Call it a "Courtesy Discount". Is there any legitimate reason to trigger a dealer price break on a Ferrari key price, ever? When I can show the dealer my key loss was via theft, which is not an everyday reason to buy another Ferrari car key, should that factor into my price?

It might not factor at any dealership we know, for any make, but I think this simple gesture would go a long way in the good-will category. The customer has been beat up enough without have to pay $800 for a key.

Mike

10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mike- If it was stolen, claim it on your insurance, either homeowner's or car insurance, depending on how or where it was stolen. I would think your dealer might be willing to sell you a key for cost if you show him the police report. Providing he is the one maintaining your car.

You could also give Daniel at Ricambi a call. He may be willing to give you a break as well. A stolen key is a different ball of wax from a lost key.

You might want to get this fixed soon, too. When you have your system programmed to accept the new key/remote, the procedure also wipes out all keys not present from the alarm system's memory, preventing anyone from using that key/remote to steal your car.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

11. Fundlawyer

Fundlawyer Karting

Jul 30, 2009
    Old Westbruy, NY
    Full Name:
    Douglas Hirsch
    So it sounds like I have no choice but to pony up the big bucks for a new key. We all know that the minute I buy the new key, my old key will show up. Lol.

12. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My key was misplaced for over a month. I knew it was in the house but couldn't find it. I was at the service department and they told me $800 to order a new one. I said I know if I order one, I'll find it. I decided to go home and search one more time.. I looked in every jacket pocket, drawer, etc. Guess what, found it at the bottom of my closet. Happy days. :)