Wet carpet under the seat | FerrariChat

Wet carpet under the seat

Discussion in '348/355' started by fck, Jan 21, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fck

fck Rookie

Jan 21, 2010
    HK
    Today when I clean my F355 Berlinetta the interior I found the carpet under the left seat closed to the end was wet, the wet stuff texture like the olive oil not like the water who guy know whats the matter of my car? These couple of months I have not drive when raining and have not use the spray to wash the car please help thankyou.

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Is your coolant level in your engine/radiators low? Do you hear a bubbling sound when you turn on your heater?

3. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Does it smell like coolant?

It could be from a leaking heater core.

4. fck

fck Rookie

Jan 21, 2010
    HK
    I have not check the coolant level and have nt turn on the heater. You mean the collant get into the interior and made the carpet wet? If so which way it can get into? Thanks.

5. fck

fck Rookie

Jan 21, 2010
    HK
    no smell but the texture a little bit like the olive oil. The heater core is inside the car?

6. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #6 No Doubt, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    Please open your front trunk and feel the carpet up there...especially close to the firewall on the floor.

Is it wet there, too?

Also, do you have an F1 or 6 speed? Berlinetta, not convertible, right?

7. fck

fck Rookie

Jan 21, 2010
    HK
    Mine is 1997 6 speed Berlinetta not convertible. I just chekced the front trunk allover also very dry.

8. saw1998

saw1998 F1 Veteran

Jun 8, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I think the previous owner might have got carried-away lubricating the seat track mecahism (or got a little too excited over his F355 :)). What kink of volume of "oil" are you talking about? Is the carpet soaked-through or is it just on the surface?

9. fck

fck Rookie

Jan 21, 2010
    HK
    The wet area around 3" x 6" closed to the end and it was almost soaded through.