CHAPARRAL "Sucker Car" 1/24? | FerrariChat

CHAPARRAL "Sucker Car" 1/24?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by RP, Jan 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #1 RP, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  4. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #4 Sfumato, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #5 F1tommy, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    R&D unique did make a 2J, but it is out of production. The body and cockpit were pretty well done, but it has a very strange construction. He also did a 2H that is also pretty well done but very hard to build. The only huge problem is the wheels wich are horrible. The 2H and 2J had the later style Chaparral 15 and 16 front and 17 inch rear wheels used from late 1968 on. The kit wheels don't look anything like them!

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2010 model/photo contest-Chicago April 24th 2010

6. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    That is a 32nd scale slot car.
    R&D/Mini Exotics is the only company I am aware of that ever did the model in 24th. However they have recently went out of business and Tony (owner) is not making any more models at all. It was also pretty difficult to build, not impossible, but it needed a good amount of work. I have seen a few built up very nicely.

Ebay is your best chance to find one and if you do see one on there it will likely sell for a few hundred dollars.

Ed

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Thank you all. I am looking for this car to be displayed with my 1/24 288 GTO EVO, and the LMB. Three of my favorite cars, and only three of 10 models I kept from my 300+ model collection.

8. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    nice photos - from the Petroleum Musuem I take it?

I visited there a few years ago. The 2J and 2F were at Goodwood at the time, but the 2C. 2D, 2E, and Indy car were there. Awesome cars all!

cheers

9. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Hi Ed,
    I didn't know RnD died. Dave/Tony did nice stuff, only place to get Waldorf Nomad and Corvair, Edsel Speedster, 2J. What happened?
    Lee

10. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    Hello Lee,
    Hope all is well.
    They announced they were closing up on another message board a few months ago. Never really gave an explanation other than just sounding like they were burned out. They had very unique items and some never made it to production. If offered the chance to buy the patterns I would grab them. They could easily be brought up to a more modern standard and I think the subjects are viable.

Sincerely,
    Ed