Best Ducati Blog? | FerrariChat

Best Ducati Blog?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by LuigiVee, Feb 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LuigiVee

LuigiVee Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2007
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Volpini
    Just looking for an opinion...I'm building my 749 to race and my 1098R will get plenty of street action. thanks!

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

scott waters in long beach is a guy you should consider in building your 749 race motor.

3. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    Scott at DESMOTOSPORT in San Francisco.

His client just won the AFM Open Twins Championship using a very serious ex-WSB motor. Sounds easy? Well not exactly, they don't hand you all the info on engine management when you get one of these engines. He knows his way around these.

He has been building good stuff for years and I just dropped off my 600 Pantah to him as well...huge depth of knowlege.

4. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    http://www.ducati-superbikes.com

really good forum that is more SBK oriented and has some good active industry race support guys, like Dan Kyle and Mark Sutton at the DucShop.

5. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Ron, have you had dealings with Dan Kyle. If so, what were your observations? I am just curious.

6. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I've bought a lot of stuff from him. He's very knowledgeable and has helped me personally on a few occasions. Very good at sharing information with all of us, especially about suspension. He can be a little harsh on the forums sometimes, but I think he just tells it like it is and doesn't try to sugar coat anything.

7. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    Ducati.ms or speedzilla.com's Superbikes forum. The latter is more track-weighted for sure, but both great resources.