Need help accessing from out of town | FerrariChat

Need help accessing from out of town

Discussion in 'F1' started by turbos7903, Mar 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I am on vacation in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. The resort doesnt have speed vision. Do you know if the coverage is on any other channels in other countries...I know its a shot in the dark but i thought I would ask. Jon in Delaware

2. p.roma

p.roma Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    Hey hey!

I was going to ask the same thing - I'll be in Cabo starting on Sunday and am worried about missing the race. You guys usually have links that stream live, any suggestions?

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #3 jknight, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Do you have a computer?? if so go to www.filmon.com then to BBC1 - you will have to register - suggestion, if you can access that you can watch the practice/qualifying/etc. Usually an hour's worth of pre-race and great post race interviews with drivers and team principals - big benefit on the race is NO commericals. Jake Humphrey/Eddie Jordan/DC are the commentators.

Far superior to justintv (which normally goes off the air not long after it starts with the F1 stuff). Autosport has initiated live coverage this year - it's far easier to access than formula1.com as it doesn't require a log-in/password - simply go to www.autosport.com - done VERY easily from a cell phone with internet access. Not knowing what your carrier might be and if you have internet access, I keep the international data package on my iPhone (additional $59.99 per month for a boatload of data, although it's easy to go over and does get pricey). I've not had any luck on getting filmon on my iphone.

hope this helps a bit

Carol

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Awesome I will try that if I cant find a sports bar running the race. What time is it on and what time is the replay on SpeedTV? Thanks

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    So Cabo San Lucas is in the Mountain Time Zone . . . .this should be the times..

P1 - 12:00 - 01:30

P2 - 04:00 - 05:30

P3 - 01:00 - 02:00

Qualifying - 04:00

Race - 06:00

looks like re-broadcast is 11:30

Hope this helps you.

Carol

6. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    There were some rather lengthy threads on here last year with about a dozen places you could watch F1 live via the web, but I cannot find them now, I don't recall the names of the threads.

IIRC most of them eminated from relays via China or Korea (?)
    We got video, the audio was useless.

7. bmagni

bmagni Karting

Mar 10, 2006
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    If they have Fox Sports America, they broadcast F1 live

8. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    ...and while the broadcast quality was excellent, BBC 1 had "The Breakfast Show" (or something like that) on instead of P1. I checked a bunch of other channels, and couldn't find F1 anywhere. Did I miss something? I didn't check during P2, as I was fast asleep while it recorded from Speed. :)

And thanks, Carol, for the autosport.com tip! I actually like the Live Timing on Formula1.com, but for some reason couldn't get it to function last night during P1. It was nice to at least be able to follow the session by contemporaneus text updates.

Doc