Value of this 308 QV on ebay? | FerrariChat

Value of this 308 QV on ebay?

Discussion in '308/328' started by pdf308, Mar 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pdf308

pdf308 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    The 'correct value' is always what someone agrees to pay for it. It's a beautiful car and only needs a driver.

3. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    What's old is new..... again. This car has popped up on e-bay many times.... It's looks to be a clean car but for some reason it has not sold. The seller's pitch that it's the next Ferrari to reach supercar status and being a baby 288 GTO are pipe dreams at best. If it checks out and you like buy it. As to value, Paul is right... it's only worth the price if you think it is. Euro QVs can be anywhere from $25-60K depending on condition, documentation, color combo and how bad you want it. :)

good luck

4. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    If you buy the car I would be interested in buying the wheels. Brand new they are roughly $2K for the set of four.

5. t3thomas

t3thomas Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    GThomas
    Seems kind of pricey........must be the additional cost of those leather wheels?

6. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think it is a least 10K too much. All the added stuff would be deducts from a car with original equipment.

Dave

7. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Way to much its a moded car so in every other car that detracts value, plus I do not see a new interior in this car maybe new carpet but the leather doesnt look new, I also dont like the speakers in the back shelf area.

I think you can find a better car for less and I wouldn't pay extra for some ugly ass wheels that he obviously has made the cost more than they ever were.

8. pdf308

pdf308 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I agree, I wish the car was stock, not a big fan of wheels or roof or speakers.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I wouldn't buy a car from someone that talks about it like that........there's is no confusion among us as the what is "308 like" and what is "GTO like".....

The seller is an idiot.....

As mentioned, every modification on the car devalues it......No Bids.......I don;t understand why use eBay at all for a "best offer" type ad??

10. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would be interested on the wheels as well:)

11. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    PM sent on a couple other potentials which you might be interested in.

Regards, John

12. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    $35k MAXIMUM. Any more and why bother? it is not original, the guys CHOSE to pour money into 'the pit'. Odds are he bought the car dirt cheap and OVERLY resto'ed it. Seriously, $35k MAX. Offer $32k.

Also, get the VIN and run a check on the car for title and other issues.

13. tommott77

tommott77 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2009
    NC
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #13 tommott77, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    This seller is breaking THE number one rule when it comes to buying and selling cars (hell this could be said about Real Estate as well). Just your typical teenage type mentality that I bought the car for 'X', but I put some cool dubs, a loud stereo, ect, ect, ect that cost 'Y'. All the while seller does not realize that these are just personal upgrades that detract from the originality of the car. But still he insists that since X+Y=Z he persists with the sale of the car for 'Z'. End result is a way overpriced car for what it is that might never sell for anywhere close to the asking price.

Let me also add that if you are serious about buying a 308 never ever fall for the major service performed 1000 miles ago line. Find out the date of the service. More than 5 years old do it again. Also always take the mileage of these cars with a grain of salt.

14. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bottom line is you can find a nice 328 that hasn't been hacked up for that kind of money.

Dave

15. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Agree with you fellers...WAAY overpriced, especially considering the mods and the mileage. We know it's not the mileage but, rather, the condition/service history, etc., that matters, but, the world being what it is, this car would need to have around 10K documented miles to be "starting off" with a price of 43K in this economy. BTW...I think this car belongs to an F-chatter who has a number of cars, including a Euro 328, as well.

16. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northen California
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Maybe it's a good driver, I wouldn't be surprised to see the modifications and mileage effect the value of this car.

17. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson