Schumacher's neck ***SPOILER*** | FerrariChat

Schumacher's neck ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Given his mediocre qualifying at Bahrain, how many more races until we hear the neck excuse in preparation for retiring from F1?

2. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Now now now, let's not blame it on his neck, he could just have a bad car.

No what that can't be it Nico out qualified him :D

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

Lets wait for the checker flag to fall to see the real story here. I have a feeling that MS will spank NR in the race;)

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I rest my case.

5. Modena360-66

Modena360-66 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Lol, mediocre qualifying.

it's not even 0.3 compared to Rosberg, So less than the gap between Massa/Alonso.
    After a 3 years break it's anything but mediocre.

Why don't you go bash Webber, He is the one that has been slapped by his teammate.

6. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Heh, heh, heh...

But to his credit, he seems to take it in stride. Well, what other option does he really have.

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm holding off judgement on this one as yet, but I do admit to having a similar train of thought.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bashing Webber is like stealing candy from a child. He doesn't have it and will be outdriven by Vettel. That's not even a question.

It is Der Kaiser that all made such a fuss about. Maybe das Kaiser is wearing no clothes?

9. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    If you look at the time difference between each car on the grid (not talking teammates, but the gap from one car to the next), there are only a couple of gaps smaller than Schumi to Rosberg.

Rosberg is also said to like the car, Schumi isn't happy with how it's set up.

I think this will be rectified very quickly. He's 1/4 second behind his teammate, and I think that puts him in a very strong position. I certainly wouldn't say that's bad considering the Mercedes is clearly behind the McLarens, Ferraris and Red Bulls in speed, yet Schumi managed to beat Button in the 2nd McLaren.

Plus, his race craft is second to none.

I think he's a likely candidate for a podium tomorrow, and may be a strong contender for the win.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A case of beer he won't podium.

11. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I don't necessarily think he will podium, I just think he's a candidate for a podium.... I think pretty much any of the top 8 guys are likely candidates for a podium. Chances are there will be a retirement or two among the top 10, a crash or two, and maybe a pit mess that cause some of the top 10 to fall out of contention. Maybe Schumi will be one of them, maybe not. But I think he's a guy that will stay in the hunt, make a few brilliant passes, and have a perfectly executed strategy such that if he's not one of the ones suffering problems, he can capitalize and take a podium.

Anyway, I'm not one to back off a bet, so I'll send you a case of beer if he doesn't podium... but like I said I am not saying he will, just think he is a strong candidate for it.

I will bet you another case of beer he finishes with more points than Rosberg (for the season) though - if you want to take that bet as well :) At this point that's a bet I may lose, but I have confidence in my man Schuey to get done what needs to get done.

12. Modena360-66

Modena360-66 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    ah ah, ok then,
    So Maybe are you interrested in Alonso, whom all the forum here claimed to be a god,
    and got beaten by his teamate, who has not been racing for month and even went into coma...

Anyways, even Schumi fans new he wouldn't be back and win all the races, only fools believe that.
    Lets judge him in a few races.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1, and on a 1.55 track as well. Not bad goings. the track si 6.2km long, so he's less than .05 behind rosberg per KM.

Give him 2 more races and he'll have closed the gap completely, perhaps even quicker than rosberg...

14. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Geez...it's just the first race, first quali in fact, and there's already *****ing about MS? Give the guy a break. Lets visit this thread say...Spain?

15. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    IMO I am quite surprised Micheal is only 3/10 off of Nico Rosberg. What do you expect from a 41 year old who has been out of the car for 3 years. I was expecting at least a half second between Michael and Rosberg. The driver we should be bashing on is Alonso, almost a half second off of Massa! Massa hasn't been in the car since his crash. After seeing Michael at the supernats and how he improved dramatically every session, Michael will just get better and better.

16. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    What do you expect from the Tifosi? If Michael was still with Ferrari and he was only that much off from Massa, the tifosi would say Michael did a great job for his first time back.

17. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Michael impressed me today. He was on the pace all the way through and if there was any rust, I sure didn't see it. Nico will have his hands full to stay on top throughout the year.

18. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    He was a lot quicker than Nico in testing I don't think it's got much to do with his neck.

19. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Let's see, 7 WDC's, 249 races, 68 poles, 76 fastest laps...Yeah, you're right ....he sucks. At 41 after 3 or 4 years off, he comes back and goes to Q3. I might not be rooting for him at this point, but it was not a bad showing. What is showing is your legendary dislike of him....silly really.

20. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sorry were you watching the same quali and practice I was... Michael has been 4-5 tenths slower than Nico all weekend. Thats why I don't understand it cause Michael was the one who was miles quicker than his teammate in testing.

21. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #21 sambomydog, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    I know that when its been Lewis starting from 5th or even 7th, its going to be ok because he is a daring racer and fights his way through. I have always felt the same about MS, even more so because he is the master of the F1 fight, its going to be ok.
    IMO qualifying on pole does not mean much once the racing get started unless he can stay there. Its all about the fight/duel during the race. Looking forward to the fight between the front 7. Every one is in place.

22. Killing Time

Killing Time Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    MS is doing just fine. There'll be no complaining about the neck. The real question is how long before Alonso throws a hand grenade into the Ferrari team?

23. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Three years out, first quali in and only .3/.4/.5 behind one of the quickest drivers in F1 is unimpressive? Not to me. Testing times might give a hint one team is stronger than another but it isn't the gauge I'd have faith in to determine pace between teammates ;).

24. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I wouldn't put anything past Ross B. He's probably ran the actuary tables on the cars ahead on the grid and when they must pit for tyres to put MS on the podium.

25. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    where's your boy Alonso?
    oh yeah.....half a second behind massa.

How many races until we hear your excuses for freddy boy behind massa in points?