Cars & Coffee in the Southwater Front | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee in the Southwater Front

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Darwin, Mar 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darwin

Darwin Rookie

May 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Darwin Abrahamson
    Several of us will be meeting after 8:30 tomorrow at Rilassi Coffee House & Tea
    3580 SW River Parkway Portland, OR 97239 Contact: 503.467.7532 for Cars & Coffee.

We will have secure parking for all sports cars. Look for my yellow Ferrari F430 on the private road between Rilasssi & the Atwater Condos.

Any questions my mobile number is (916) 847-5430.

Darwin

2. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Darwin,
    Is this a disgruntled splinter group???

3. Tonycan

Tonycan Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2002
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Tony C.
    Probably not. Just tired of you (LOL).

4. Darwin

Darwin Rookie

May 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Darwin Abrahamson
    At the waterfront we have reserved parking which has been a problem at Bridgeport Village. Plus we have a great coffee shop run by a car guy and a more central location for you Vancouver guys.

5. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I wasn't aware the designated parking set up at Bridgeport was a problem and we needed "secure parking"...It would've been nice to have scheduled your C&C on a day that was not conflicting with the 2 years worth of time, effort and energy some of us have taken to make an actual event for ALL clubs.

The Cars & Coffee at Bridgeport was set up, painstakingly mind you, as a place where all car clubs can meet each other...it wasn't set up to have a North and South venue. But hey, if you'd like to take over as part of the Lambo club, then please, by all means, raise your hand.

I personally think it's a HUGE slap in the face to try and set up a C&C on the same day and same time as the one that has been going now for 2 years, especially to the die hards.

Thanks.

6. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    sorry I missed it but a more central location is a good idea. To drive 30 miles of freeway to get to Tualatin is a pain.

7. kurt shanaman

kurt shanaman Rookie

Jul 20, 2005
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Kurt Shanaman
    Kevin,
    The Lambo club has its own monthly event on the last Wednesday of each month. It is called Hot Tamale night. We have free appetizers, an X-box booth and give aways. Pizza Hut, one of our sponsors gives out a gift card each month. dupont Registry gives us free copies to give out on a limited basis. It has been a blast.
    Go to www.lamborghiniclubnorthwest.com for info. Come out and get to know your club. We have had 5 Hot Tamale nights so far. More are planned all summer long.

Kevin,
    Darwin is doing his own cars and coffee gig like you. The Lamborghini club DID NOT participate in the creation of his event. However, we as a club, support all car crazy events like yours and Darwins. We appreciate all of the hard work that all event planners like you put forth. Thanks.

Kevin, if it is okay with you, we would like to ask that as a courtesy to the Lamborghini club members, that you please refrain from comments that involve the club with others as you have tonight on an open forum. It is negative and destructive. If you have an issue with Darwin and his C&C I might suggest you contact him privately.

Kevin, the club would like to invite you to the Ferruccio Birthday Party on the 28th of April. 7pm We already have a cake that should help sweeten your spirits :)
    go to www.lamborghiniclubnorthwest.com for more info on the birthday.

All F-chatters are welcome to come to the B-day celebration :)

LOL,

Kurt
    Lamborghini club northwest

8. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Kurt, are you speaking as an official spokesman of the Lamborghini club northwest?

9. kurt shanaman

kurt shanaman Rookie

Jul 20, 2005
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Kurt Shanaman
    Yes I am.

However, it has been brought to my attention that I should not have made that particular statement the way I did. Kevin, I am sorry. In no way do I want to involve myself or the club in this. I retract my statement. Again I am Sorry. I hope things work out with the two Cars and Coffee events.

10. Tonycan

Tonycan Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2002
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Tony C.
    There's always room for more than one venue on the same day. Portland/Vancouver is a big place, and Bridgeport is certainly not a central location. Having choices is good. It doesn't mean picking one or the other all the time, just some of the time.

11. debriga

debriga Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    washington
    I think it's kind of a shame to have both in the same time frame. Why compete? Stagger the times and let the people who attend have thier choice of either, or, or both. If one was later in the day, people who cherish that day to sleep in a bit would be accomodated better. Personally, I think it does somewhat look like slap in the face to Kevin by holding them at the same time. If I had put all the effort into organizing one of these without expecting anything in return for it, I would be a bit insulted if if someone else decided to compete with it. There is room for everybody to be happy, just do it the right way!!

12. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    ++1

I agree with both.

I was kinda bummed when the J/B starbucks thing went away, though it was not a weekly event.

When I get a chance I will check out the new place, sounds nice. Hope it works out.

Actually.......

I think it should be held at my place, I'll make the coffee and everyone can help me feed the Steers and chickens in the morning! :D

Cheers!

p.s. Don't forget your boots! ;)

13. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    To be honest, Bridgeport is the most central location WHEN you take into account the enthusiasts from Salem and further south. Vancouver is 30 minutes away, Salem is 45 minutes away...suggesting an alternative location "downtown" moves the event another 20 minutes north and shortens the Vancouver guys by maybe 10-15 minutes.

Either way, Bridgeport is where the event I started will remain. All are still welcome as usual. Of course I was the only one there this Saturday but there were a lot of people to chat with since the Apple store had a line around the corner for the Ipad launch.

I have my viewpoints on the other event and I've addressed those. I've also addressed Kurt's remarks, which I will keep in private for now while we resolve some things.

14. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    You're missing the best part then...you're DRIVING your car to meet other enthusiasts that DROVE their car! If the freeway bothers you, there are a ton of back roads you can rip through! Besides, you're a once every 3 months make an appearance guy! LOL

15. Tonycan

Tonycan Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2002
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Tony C.
    Kevin, this is not about you.

If 2 or 3 or 10 folks show up at another venue that don't want to drive to Bridgeport, what's the big deal? They were not going to be at Bridgeport anyway. I don't mind driving to Bridgeport every once in a while, but if there's a closer venue, I might make it more often.

For me, driving 60 miles roundtrip to have coffee with Marty is a bit much. Besides, I don't even like him.

16. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    LOL!!!!!!

Ahh com'on, Marty's a sweetheart, whats not to like???

17. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    You are correct...it's not about me...but what it IS about FOR ME is the time, effort, and energy it took to set up Bridgeport and it DOES bother me that someone took it upon themselves to start the same type of event, on the same day and the same time as the event that took me months to organize. THATS what it's about for me.

While I do agree, so there were some people that weren't going to be at Bridgeport either...FINE, no problem...plan the "other" event for Sunday and give people options...as it stands now, I cannot attend Darwin's event, or I won't rather simply due to my comittment to Bridgeport. That's not saying that I wouldn't like to have attended, had it been on a different DAY or TIME that will allow me to do so.

It's about mutual respect and common courtesy. That's it. And yes I do take it personally because that's how I'm wired.

And last I heard, it was Marty's turn to buy coffee anyways!

18. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Maybe I should start a C&C on Saturdays from 8-10 in Wenatchee Washington (I think it's somewhere near St. Louis Missouri or something)....

Who's in???

19. MIlkman

MIlkman Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    Woodburn OR
    Full Name:
    Tim Storm
    Remember guys 'the road to a friends house is never too far' especially in a Ferrari well maybe even a lambo. I make it every week and I don't even like coffee. See ya Saturday at Bridgport rain or shine.

20. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Wenatchee ????? Levenworth is much cooler! You could wear your leiterhozen!

Cheers!

21. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    There are some awesome back roads to either place.

22. Tonycan

Tonycan Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2002
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Tony C.
    Kevin, I think everyone, including me, appreciates your effort---and I'm sure the event will continue to be a great success. I plan to be there, after a long absence, especially since you point out it's Marty's turn to buy.

23. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Well said.

I say either/both events are welcome since it gives options to those who need them. Let the size of the turnout at the events speak for themselves. I doubt the Bridgeport event that Kevin started will suffer since it has history and the location for public viewing on its side.
    What I CAN see as impacting the turnout at either event is the public airing of dirty laundry as it will turn people off of attending events. Who needs the drama when these are suppose to be a fun and friendly gatherings.

I don't know how the "new" event will evolve, but the few times I've chatted with Darwin at Bridgeport he seems like a genuine guy and can't see that there was any intentional disrespect, but will concede that a little more thought as to the time should have gone into planning it.

"Can't we all just get along?" :D

24. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Wait a minute: Marty is buying coffee this weekend! I might just have to show up to see that!

But where the heck is this Bridgeport place?

25. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I think Marty sometimes intentionally "forgets" his wallet!

Tony, it will be good to see you...been awhile...have you purchased anything more exciting than the motorhome lately?