What is my 360 spider worth? | FerrariChat

What is my 360 spider worth?

Discussion in '360/430' started by spEYEdr, Apr 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
    #1 spEYEdr, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am trying to move from my 360 spider to a 430 spider. And part of that is figuring out if I should trade the car into the Ferrari dealer or try sell my 360 spider privately.

Here are the details of my car:

2002 360 spider
    rosso corsa exterior / tan interior
    6 speed manual
    12k miles
    three-piece factory modular wheels
    red brake calipers
    scuderia ferrari shields
    front & rear challenge grills
    Tubi exhaust
    power daytona seats
    factory hi-fi with subwoofer
    front clear bra
    clean history / no issues / car purchased from Ferrari dealer and previous owners are F-chat members
    detailed by Jason (luv2detail) so it's in 98% condition

totally stock except for the tubi exhaust and the clear bra.
    all fluids changed regularly, maintenance is up to date.
    last major service with belt change was March 2007.

what is my car worth? Private party vs trade?

thanks in advance -- and feel free to give it to me straight. The dealer has offered me $75k credit on a trade-in towards a 430 spider -- and that's with me paying full asking price for the 430 spider.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh would i buy this if I didn't just buy a coupe!!

Anyone want my 00 360???

3. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I would guess that if you are looking to move the car on the private market, you would need to take 85k.
    IMHO, this should get it sold in 30 days.
    Good luck. That is a beautiful 360.

4. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
  5. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #6 andrew911, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    I disagree- this is worth more than $85K- between the spider, stick, challenge grills, color combo, shields....damn this car is nice it's optioned right. I'm thinking asking price in the high $90's and sale price no less than the mid $90's and both parties are doing just fine.
    I'm with SeaNile- I would have bought this thing for $85K!

I think it would move within a few weeks at that price as it's spring. Advertise it where there are knowledgible buyers- here, Ferrari market letter, maybe hemmings....if that doesn't do it in a month, move to more widespread advertising- ebay and autotrader/cars.com- not that the car will sell on ebay, but it will get exposure and you'll just pay the advertising fee if it doesn't get a buyer on ebay (most cars don't actually sell on ebay, but they are often found on ebay then the buyer contacts the seller directly- ebay makes money from the listing fee which is probably something like $50).

6. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels

In my mind, the car is worth $95k now and maybe even $100k+ in the summer. I looked for a year before finding this car -- optioned exactly as I wanted, down to the shields, the tubi, and the three-pedals. That's why I was surprised by the dealer's offer of $75k. I paid $168k (not including tax, etc) to buy my 360 spider from the same dealer March 2007.

7. lndshrk

lndshrk Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    SLC, Utah
    Full Name:
    Jim Conforti
    PM sent.

Let's talk about your car!

Jim

8. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
    PM replied.

Hey -- you're the BMW Shark Injector guy !!!

My E46 M3 convertible is shark'ed!

9. lndshrk

lndshrk Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    SLC, Utah
    Full Name:
    Jim Conforti
    Yes, I am the very same - I'm looking to make an Injector for other cars now (he he)

;)

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Parallel universe! I have a shark'd e46 M3 also!

11. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Oh shoot - I haven't even had a chance to see it yet! :)

Not that I'm an expert, but I agree that it would be sold within a few days at $85k, and probably within a few weeks at $95k. Perfect example with all of the desired options.

Gotta send you an email before it's too late...

12. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
    You need to drive this car. It is a pleasure -- especially the 6 speed manual. I'm convinced that it's the only way to fly, particularly on these cars.

And since I've given you better than 20/20 vision in both eyes, I trust you behind the wheel. I'll send you an email to figure out a date/time

13. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Like the dealers said, "75k wholesale and $85k retail." Would you consider a sales price with a 7 as the first number? I'm local

14. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That looks like an absolutely perfect car. Basically all the best options. I'd think it would be worth high $80s to low $90s. Good luck!

15. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    As a fellow 02 spider owner with 5900 blah blah blah You would seriously have to need cash quick to take anything in the 70's or 80's for that matter . car looks mint and once you get into the real world an 02 that clean aint sellin at those prices .im not talkin about Riverside aution either. i know everybody stole their car but but i just saw a friend sell an 01 with 11,000 stick for 92 and needed work. Gettin warm let the money come. it just drives the prices down like when a money mgr dumps a position to meet net liquidation calls. Sad part is youre sellin at auction prices but youre gonna pay retail on the 430 side becasue youre not gonna find a 430 for 100. Good luck

16. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Beautiful, well optioned car....85K :eek:

17. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I think it's worth bt 95 and 100 and you should expect something close for a final price. I was looking for manual 360s like yours and there aren't that many which makes it more valuable.

Beautiful car btw.

18. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #19 andrew911, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Spring is just as good- maybe even a better market- than summer. You're on the right track- this car is no $85K car. By the way, technically if the dealer gives you $75,000 on trade, that lowers the tax on the transaction...I don't know what your tax rate is, but here in NJ it's 7%, so thats $5,250- or the break even would be selling it for $80,250. I wouldn't trade it in but would try to sell it on my own like you.

19. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    The dealer only offerred $75K as an insurance policy because they might have to hold the car for a while as prices continue to drop over the next six months. Any private buyer looking for that color/stick/etc. would likely pay you at least $85K assuming all services done, etc. The dealer would probably relist the car at an asking price of $100K+, and would probably take $90-95K for it but this might not happen for several months, maybe after even summer is over. I have never seen a Ferrari dealer list a used car at less than close to top of the market pricing. People who buy used from a Ferrari dealer might pay a bit more than if buying from a private party but they feel good as they are now "starting the relationship" to "get on the preferred customer list" for later models, etc. etc. I'm not saying its worth it but this is what I have seen.

20. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim

Let me see.... Would I rather have two 360 spiders or one 430 spider....

I would just pick up another 360 and call it a day :)

21. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #22 andrew911, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Well now you're moving onto a different topic all together....I took my brother in law on a great ride in the 360 on Easter and we both were scratching our head wondering how anyone could justify spending 2x the money on the 430- how much more speed/performance do you need and the design of both cars are equally as nice ...but that's what makes the world go 'round :) I'm glad people have the money to do it because I buy the old cars they get rid of like my 360 when they jump ship to buy the "latest and greatest" :) I've done that my whole driving career, mostly with air cooled 911s.

22. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Unfortunately CA doesn't work like that. You get hit with sales tax on the full price of the second car no matter what your trade in is worth. And our sales tax in LA is 9.75%. Not so fun.

23. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Oh my gosh....that sucks! I'd be out of CA in a heartbeat....except I'm in NJ which is the next state following CA into bankruptcy so who am I to comment! (although we have a governer who is trying to fix things...)

24. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    if christie eliminated (or severely reduced) our having to pay sales tax on used cars i'll go door to door for the guy during election time. i'm glad to be rid of corzine but i'm skeptical christie can do much at this point.

god if we were like states like GA and AZ i'd probably have already owned a ferrari by now that extra 7% really hurts when you're already stretching for high priced exotics.