1/18 custom builders | FerrariChat

1/18 custom builders

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Phatboi101, Apr 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phatboi101

Phatboi101 Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Apologies if this has been answered in previous posts .. I did a quick search and could not find out exactly what I was after.

I have a Ferrari transkit that I would like to be done professionally as I have no experience in the matter. Can any recommend me one that will apply a transkit to an existing model? I live in Australia but I am prepared to go international as I want the work to be done right.

I have tried to contact Dennis Koleber to get some custom work done as well as the transkit but his webform on his site keeps giving me an error?

I'd also like extra detail to be done to the model if possible as I'd like something unique. I am prepared to pay but nothing ridiculous of course. The model + transkit alone is over $250, in mint condition and very hard to find again (discontinued) so I would need someone to guarantee their work!

Cheers.

2. noelsairplanes

noelsairplanes Karting
    BANNED

Oct 19, 2004
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
  3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Welcome to Fchat Phatboi. :D:D

What model are you interested in having customised? :):)

4. Phatboi101

Phatboi101 Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The website works fine, it's the contact form that has an error everytime you fill it out and try to submit it.

5. Phatboi101

Phatboi101 Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #5 Phatboi101, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks. I've been reading a lot of posts lately as I've sorta just began collecting. There's so much info on this forum it's great.

I've got a Kyosho F40 lightweight in red, and have just bought the discontinued APM LM transkit. The F40 is probably my favourite Ferrari and the LM version is just awesome. So I really want someone to do this for me perfectly.

These pics of the finished piece look amazing:
    http://www.autoplacemodel.com/product/prod_20090901_f40lm.html

The 'customizing' bit is just an extra possibility, depending who will do this for me. I'll be happy with just the transkit added. But it would be cool if little tweaks could be done to make it a more accurate model.

6. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Fantastic!! Good luck with it mate! :):)

7. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    A good friend of mine is a pro-builder. He used to be an expert building 1/18 scale F40 models from Burago kits. He lives in Passau Germany. His email address is: [email protected] You may want to contact him!

wolfman

8. Phatboi101

Phatboi101 Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks Wolfman, I have sent him an email.
    I've seen your F40 collection and it is incredible.
    Cheers.