Scott Storch finally going broke? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Scott Storch finally going broke?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MurcieMurcie, Jan 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Some would argue that weed isnt addicting. Ive never tried it so i dont have first hand experience with that.

What I do know is people can function smoking a joint every hour (Im in the entertainment biz as you know and see it all the time). They cant function (for long) doing coke or speed every hour (ive watched that crash and burn many times)

I think that is the difference.

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Functionality or not it is an addiction and is contrary to his commitment to sobriety. Pot is a gateway drug, ask any therapist and they'll tell you the odds are he'll end up back on stronger stuff.

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Yes they have. I transported one myself back in '95

4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I believe 100% he will end up back on harder drugs. Not because of pot but because being in the music biz he is surrounded by them on a daily basis and he has already shown he is too weak to not overindulge.

As for 'ask any therapist' I would take a monkeys opinion over most 'therapists'.

Saying pot leads to harder drugs is like saying little kids playing with toy guns leads to violent crimes.

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That sterortype has been beaten to death and NEVER proven.

Most people who end up doing harder drugs do more than just weed from the beginning. Any stimulant/upper/downer legal or not can be considered a gateway drug. I say this from experience, because I never once had one thought of doing anything other than m-jane when I smoked.

+1

When I first started smoking only the friends I smoked with knew I did it. None of my other friends had absolutely zero clue.

As for Scott, he's got far more demons than drugs. There's a lot of pain or something from his childhood that he either hasn't let known, or won't let go.

6. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I smoked almost daily for 4 years. I think the longest I went in that period WITHOUT smoking was 5 days. While there's no physical addiction, it becomes so habitual that it borders on addiction. I personally know a couple of people that I would say are addicted to weed. While I'm sure they would suffer minimal trauma if they quit cold turkey, they are too weak to do so, which is why I say they are addicted.

With regards to marijuana being a gateway drug, anyone who disagrees is a fool. Most peoples' first experience with getting high from an illegal substance is with marijuana. It 'breaks them in' so to speak. Whether or not they choose to eventually move on to harder substances is moot. The point is that marijuana is what they start with, and it is because of this that people say it's a gateway drug. No one ever starts off free-basing crack and then moves onto smoking marijuana.

When I was in a squeaky clean high-school student (with the exception of marijuana), I used to argue the opposite (as did 99% of high-school students), but now as someone who's been through university and gone through the whole experimental phase, I argue the contrary (as do most people I know).

Just my opinion, however.

7. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    My post wasn't meant to be a debate on the gateway theory, after all that is all it is--a theory perpetuated by therapists and the media. The point I was trying to make is that he has no commitment to sobriety, almost any treatment program would demand he stop smoking pot as part of his therapy. Do you think Storch was smoking weed while in rehab?

Since we all agree he'll be back on harder drugs we can end the gateway discussion.

Obviously he has issues that he needs to work on.

8. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    Having never heard of an actual case of this can you provide any other details? The LD50 for THC is insanely high(no pun intended) from what I have seen so I am curious as to what the cause of OD was.

9. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Actually ANY treatment program worth it's salt "suggests" not using any drug that affects you from the neck up. Weed is not as innocuous as one may think, especially the California stuff! It wont kill ya but it will get you obliterated. Truthfully, with the amount of weed Storch smokes he must have an extremely high tolerance. If he took a week off and smoked a whole joint of that Cali stuff his head would explode.

I dont know him, never worked with him, but I know people who have. Although it's not my genre of music I respect what he has done.

I hope he is happy, healthy and productive, but if you are a Cocaine abuser that wants to get clean, smoking weed all day will almost guarantee that you will use cocaine again.

He's doing it "on his own" without the support of a program. His chances are extremely low that he will not crash and burn again. I'm rooting for him, maybe he'll be the exception to the rule.

10. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Sure. Right out of a surfer movie, these idiots did about a pound of pot in their van and got insanely high. They then thought they were being busted and ate a big portion to boot.

Also, I am pretty sure I responded to a DUI where the driver was high on pot (found via blood tests as they were DOA) and took his car into an empty bus.

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I was 99.9% kidding, because I imagine someone would have to smoke an acre or two of pot to OD from it.

12. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #262 NeuroBeaker, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    One of the active ingredients in marijuana (Delta-9 THC) is thought to disrupt neural circuitry connecting to the prefrontal cortex, a centre for higher-brain function and executive decision making. One of the speakers in a neuroscience conference I attended once quoted the statistic that smoking marijuana will increase your changes of developing schizophrenia by 7-fold... with the likelihood even higher if you have a certain genetic predisposition!

I'm not at all an expert on cannabinoids, so I'll relate it to a similar topic I do know a bit about (in a professional capacity, not a recreational one)... another psychotrophic drug called phencyclidine (PCP, 'hog', 'angel dust') disrupts the corticolimbothalamic circuitry and can produce a phenotype very similar to schizophrenia. Once that circuitry 'breaks', it's very difficult to re-establish balance to the system and restore a 'normal' phenotype.

So it depends on what your view of OD is... does a lasting non-lethal condition from which you will never recover count as OD? I would think so. Everyone thinks of 'pot' as a soft drug, but I wouldn't recommend chancing it. :eek:

All the best,
    Andrew.

PS:
    Actually, PCP is a very interesting drug from a historical perspective... it was initially a 'failed' anaesthetic and is now a valuable resource in schizophrenia research. I'd tell you all about it, but I fear I'd bore a normal person half to death... :D

13. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    What he is doing is called the "marijuana maintenance plan". It's a bad idea and will lead to relapse 99.99% of the time.

14. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    How negative, there is still a chance he won't!

15. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    +1000

16. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #266 climb, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    I too know lots of people who still smoke pot still as they're approaching middle age.

I find most of these people are interesting as the pot makes them contemplate and think outside of the box so to speak. What i find in most though is a low grade paranoia over things like the govt. or of cultural groups etc. Most have an almost religious faith in some type of conspiracy theory.

Scott was on the latest episode of the kim kardashian show BTW. Living in a 2 story penthouse apartment in Miami complete with a basketball court no less. I'd love to be broke like that.

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Pretty funny how our "college lives" tend to be almost synonomous. lol. Although our views on it differ, but that's from our own experiences with others.

I do know only one person I would consider an addicted to it. Unfortunately for him addiction (alcoholism) runs in his family. That's a whole other topic though.

All good man. Didn't mean to throw you under the bus. I sure as hell hope he wasn't smoking during rehab. That's counter-productive. And for what it's worth, if you have an addiction to any drug, legal or not, any other drug use should be forgone.

18. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    #268 junglistluder, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    So one of these guys was found dead in the van with nothing but pot in his system/stomach? I bet he choked on a stem then. Your first statement show you absolutely zero about marijuana. It's impossible to smoke a pound of marijuana in one sitting. IMPOSSIBLE. I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E. Even with a full van of 7 people, they'd still have to smoke 2.28 ounces each to use a pound. Not gonna happen.....

19. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Someone (you) actually watch that show!

I caught about 2 minutes of it once. Absolutely brainless........!!

Sparky

20. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Taken from news source:

Over the past couple years we touched on the rise and fall of music producer Scott Storch. His Miami home was eventually foreclosed on as part of his financial meltdown. Now Russ Weiner, the CEO of Rockstar Energy drink has announced that he is the new owner of Villa Ferrari, Storch’s former 20,000 square foot home on Palm Island. The mansion has a 100 foot boat dock, 11 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, 3 guest houses and two pools. Last summer we learned that after Storch declared bankruptcy, SunTrust bank, which held two mortgages worth a combined $7.75 million against the property, bought the property back at auction on for $5.5 million. Storch had bought the home for $10.5 million but it had been listed for $13.9 million. Alex Shay found that SunTrust sold the property to Weiner Russell Trust for $6.75 million. According to Shay the house was, like many homes that have gone through a prolonged foreclosure, not in great shape and that renovation is needed.

21. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Very interesting. A friend of mine who works for Russ is living in that house now and I saw photos of it a few weeks back. It's sick.

22. SVTxTERM1NATOR

Nov 5, 2009
    Finland
    So ironic..

23. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
  24. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
  25. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

wow..what a guy is right! looooozer...he deserves what he got!!