Drive for the Kids (NJ/NY/CT/PA) -- Save the Date -- Saturday May 8 | FerrariChat

Drive for the Kids (NJ/NY/CT/PA) -- Save the Date -- Saturday May 8

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by kmeighannj, Mar 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kmeighannj

kmeighannj Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    I wanted to give everyone a head's up, so that you save the date, that the next "Drive for the Kids" fundraiser will be on Saturday May 8. This is a regular Cars & Croissants date so we will coordinate our starting time and location so that this works for all C&C attendees who would like to be involved.

So, some of the newer FChat members may be asking "What is Drive for the Kids?" Well, my 16-year-old daughter, Samantha, organized two drives through the Somerset Hills area of central NJ last year in order to raise money for the Somerset Hills Learning Insitute (SHLI). SHLI is a school for children with autism (my son is a student there). This will be her third event. We will likely do about a 2 or 3 hour drive on country roads and end with a group lunch.

Actually, as a matter of history, C&C was actually born from the first event. After the first drive, Abi Singh and I (we met in the course of organizing the Drive) agreed that getting people together more regularly with their cars would be fun. A couple of weeks later, we held the first C&C gathering.

So, anyway, please save the date -- Saturday May 8. More details to come on entry fee, route, lunch location, sponsorship opportunities, etc.

Kirk

2. visualfxpro

visualfxpro Karting

Sep 11, 2009
    Where are the more details? lol. Just kidding. Anyway. I will be there. Hope to see you there!

3. kmeighannj

kmeighannj Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    Hi, details are in the main Drive for the Kids thread in this section of Fchat. Hope you can make it. Please note, given that we need an accurate count for lunch, we will not have any day of event registration. Deadline is Thursday. We have a fun route planned out and will have a beautiful lunch at Trump National Golf Club.

Kirk