Good bye Northern Virginia. | FerrariChat

Good bye Northern Virginia.

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ROULEUR, May 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Well everyone, had a fun run and met some really great, great people. I am no longer with Ferrari/Maserati/Lamborghini Washington but wanted to thank everyone that I got to meet and converse with for the hospitality.

Once again, great to meet everyone and I still plan on visiting N.VA a bit to see my buddy Phillip up there and take in some car shows and hopefully still do some business up there. Just wanted to wish everyone the best on my exit.

Best,

Chris Constantin

2. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Vaya con Dios, JJ Larry.

<sniff>

3. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    So long, Chris. Thanks for the courtesy when you were up here, and good luck with whatever comes next. :)

4. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    #4 WCH, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    To recap:

Over the course of 2009, most longtime employees are apparently fired - viritually all of the employees who had close ties to customers.

During 2009, there seem to be some PR challenges for FoW, at least based on what's said on the internet (which frankly may or not mean much in the real world).

In January, 2010, ChrisFoA comes in to reach out to the community and by his own admission address PR challenges. ChrisFoA finds out here, if nowhere else, that PR can be a tough job.

In May, 2010, ChrisFoA says goodbye to Northern Virginia.

What's next? It might be possible to find smart, well connected car people right here in the DC area. There might be, somewhere in all of DC, Maryland or Virginia, someone who knows this market and its customers.

Good luck Chris, we hardly knew ya, can't say anyone could get much done in four months. We never met, but I was a customer back in the days when the dealership principal was a hardcore car guy with extensive business experience outside the car industry, who drove a 360GT and an F40 at dealer track events, knew virtually all the customers, brought his charming wife to events and knew how to throw a party. My salesman was, and still is, a good friend. Things weren't perfect by any means, but it was an amazing dealership, and I knew almost everybody who worked there. Now it seems a bit disjointed. Two friends tell me that an FoW guy recently was bragging that all the old customers are back, and that FoW had gone out of its way to let me order a 599GTO; well, I hope I ordered a Pozzi blue one, and I hope that all the other returning oldtimers also got 599GTOs in their favorite colors.

5. PhillipJ

PhillipJ Karting

Jan 4, 2010
    Alexandria
    Full Name:
    Phillip Jones
    Just to add my two cents, I'd like to say I'm sorry to see Chris go, as he's been a good friend of mine for years before FOW. He's hard working, knows what he's talking about and takes care of his clients.
    I have also parted company with FOW to pursue my dream of dealing in a mixture of vintage and modern cars in an atmosphere which caters to enthusiasts. I hope to see many of you at the Great Falls Cars and Coffee, which is such a great venue. If you see an English guy with a weird Mini Cooper or MG, chances are its me...come over and say hello.
    Cheers

6. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    #6 muk_yan_jong, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    Looks like another sale or "Surprise Closure" is imminent.

Thread title might be more correct than we know...

7. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Too bad you're no longer at FoW, Phillip. You were, perhaps, just about the only reason I would have considered stopping by FoW again after such a long hiatus. Would have been nice to see a real car guy back out there. Always enjoyed talking to you when you were at Aston Martin, and do look forward to seeing you at Great Falls some Saturday morning.

Mike

8. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    WCH,

They let you order only ONE 599GTO ? Guess you're not as V of a VIP as you thought. I hear JJ Larry ordered 4-5 !!

9. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Phillip, let me know when that Giulia SS gets off the boat!

10. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well, that didn't take long. Chris was the only reason I tried FoW again. Are these guys trying to fail?

11. PhillipJ

PhillipJ Karting

Jan 4, 2010
    Alexandria
    Full Name:
    Phillip Jones
    Thanks Mike for the kind words. Just as a point of clarification to ThunderCFB...Chris wasn't JJLarry, and was unaware that it was a member of staff, as were the rest of us until it came up. I also dont think there is any immediate threat of a sale or anything of the sort.

12. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Chris,

It was a pleasure meeting you for the Bahrain F1 race and breakfast. I wish you all the best.

Michael

13. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Chris, I share most other posters' views that you would have been a key reason for me to buy my next F car at FOW.

I hope for the best in your next career move.

14. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words. Still selling cars, if anyone needs help with anything feel free to contact me. I wish them the best, hope things go well for them.

Once again, it truly was great meeting all of you that I had the chance to meet. I truly hope that I will see you around from time to time, as I have said, it will not be my last trip to Northern Virginia.

Keep in touch, would love to hear from everyone. Thanks again, sincerely, for all the kind words!