FYI - Dubbini Fakes | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FYI - Dubbini Fakes

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Napolis, Jun 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I agreed w/ your post until this sentence. I think it is a mistake to put such "rules" under Ferrari's exclusive domain. I reject the notion of "history by decree." History and originality should be determined by research, and not by a company w/ skin in the game. I might have misunderstood your point, however.

lgs likes this.
  2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    These points will never be "settled". Least of all by an entity with skin in the game.

3. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    You are right. In previous posts on this subject I have qualified the Classiche involvement which should include a group of respected historians, Michael Muller, Marcel Marsinni, and other respected Ferrarichat contributors and historians. In addition I would also include several of the most respected restorers in this group. A once a month meeting rotating at the home front of of each member would I think benefit all involved. just one man's opinion tongascrew

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I read with interest the story of the Italian brothers, part of a coffee importing dynasty,
    that were charged with faking some Ferrari numbers, even to the point where Ferrari's head, Luca, jumped on them with all fours. Has a trial been scheduled? What's the haps?

Here's one of the original stories:
    jalopnik.com/5569725/did-italian-coffee-makers-brew-up...

5. Chris drake

Chris drake Rookie

Nov 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Chris Drake
    There are a over 40 Ferraris currently being used and enjoyed that were in a far worse shape post accident than 1999GT. And if you have enough money, you can get a Classiche certificate, we all know this. I think it’s important to realise what it takes to make or re create such a car. So less of the negativity! Let’s all try and take the high eye! And not be so negative.