If you help me find an F355 wiring diagram, I offer to: | FerrariChat

If you help me find an F355 wiring diagram, I offer to:

Discussion in '348/355' started by jm3, Aug 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I have both of the Spider factory manuals, and no wiring diagram. I cannot find one online or hidden.

If you help me find an F355 wiring diagram, I offer to:

Figure out a where to add a second relay to reduce the current through the 30 amp "hidden" A/C fuse.

Install a time delay on the gas flap switch so you don't have the turn the key back on after you stop for fuel.

Create a manual switch or the exhaust bypass (done).

Figure out "Canadian" daytime running light option.

Figure out how to make the antenna(s) work for some aftermarket radios.

Jay

2. peterkarvelas

peterkarvelas Karting

Jun 2, 2006
    RSA-Johannesburg
    I have the manual with wiring diagram for a 1995 berlineta......it is 33Mb so if you can email me an ftp site i shall transfer either that section or the complete manual which is roughly 1G.

[email protected]

3. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Thank you, I will set up a ftp site and PM you.

Jay

4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
  5. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Just a quick update...I finished downloading all 3 volumes of the 355 shop manual today and transferred them to my iPad. The PDF viewer in iBooks is awesome...this will be a great companion in the garage.

6. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Update.

I have the wiring diagrams, and have already done the bypass switch. I have a workaround for the excessive current through the A/C fan relay, but it needs a bit more work because I believe the ground from the climate control/fan speed ecu also needs to be improved, and it is WAY down under the abs computer.

JM

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    AC fuse is a problem on the 355's too? I thought that was only the 348. I know at least 10+ 355 owners, and none of us have had an issue. But we are all 5.2 (1996 to 1999). Not sure if there were difference in the later cars beyond the Motronic wiring differences.

8. Longhornlarry

Longhornlarry Rookie

Jan 2, 2015
    Please email me the wiring diagrams for the F355 F1
    Thanks
    Larry
    [email protected]

9. Longhornlarry

Longhornlarry Rookie

Jan 2, 2015
    Hey Guys, I clicked on this link and only see Ferrari ads. Is there another link to see wiring diagrams for F355?

Thanks
    Larry

10. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    It is my understanding that Ferrari corporate made them take the manuals, and other info off the site due to copyright infringement.

Here is another site I found that has a lot of Ferrari manuals, I don't see the wiring diagram for the 355 though.
    https://www.unevoiture.com/manuals/ferrari/f355
    Alden

11. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    Hello,

the previous links are dead. Could someone point me out where can I look for the workshop manual and electrical diagams please? I need to trace down the stalker turn signal problem in the F355.

Thanks!

12. Marius

Marius Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Germany/Belgium
    Full Name:
    Marius
    I was recently looking for diagrams, too, unfortunately with no success .... :-(

13. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    John, there are a few known mistakes in those diagrams. Best to download the zip file from the same message thread. Also, that pdf file doesn't show the 5.2 wiring and is Euro-based.

Ricambio... What kind of F355 do you have? Where are you located?

14. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    It has the 5.2 engine control diagram (page 11). I though this was the last round. Maybe I missed something.

15. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ian, your work on these diagrams is just fantastic! Please keep it up :)

16. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I see the pdf 5.2 engine diagram is version 6. I'm now up to version 16 :D It also needs a corresponding (5.2) diagram to show power sources for the splices and how the rear connector hooks up with the rest of the car. Also, the binnacle wiring is different because the warning lights are in different places.

I started to split the diagrams into 2.7 and 5.2, but, because some of the 5.2 wiring is still unknown I've come to a standstill.

Here's the latest zipped gif files for the 2.7. I've also included the 5.2 engine diagram (v16) and the Bosch ABS, but not the other 5.2 diagrams. I think most of the 2.7 diagrams will be the same, but it will be best to check the version number.

Latest 2.7 Wiring Diagrams

I'll post the latest 5.2 diagrams as required (I don't expect you to update the pdf file every time I make a minor graphic addition or minor error correction) ;)

Cheers
    Ian.

barstool likes this.
  17. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Here are my latest not-quite-complete 5.2 diagrams. I've marked them with "TBC" to show "To be confirmed". The alarm system diagram has the most missing pieces.

5.2 Wiring Diagrams (in development)

During faultfinding on my own car, I noticed there were minor differences in fusebox wiring due to things like:
    left hand drive vs right hand drive
    spider Vs Berlinetta/GTS (e.g. interior lights and window heating)
    optional ABS cutout switch

USA/Canada will have lighting differences.

Cheers
    Ian

WATSON likes this.
  18. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Just updated some of my 5.2 diagrams. See link above.

I make minor tweaks... sometimes on a daily basis.... so it's always best to download from the link above rather than using old diagrams.

19. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I was a beta tester for Dave Helms gold connector kit and he had me photograph and document wire colors for each connector on my 5.2 and he said he was noticing differences in wire colors used between cars.

20. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I do get feedback on wire colours from time to time and add notes on my diagrams relating to this. Sometimes colours are not visible because the harnesses are sealed. This is where connector pin configuration becomes important. I'm slowly adding plug illustrations to my diagrams. I check the pins by doing continuity checks on my own 5.2 car.

There are quite a few differences in the relay/fuse panel wire colours and pin locations. Some differences seem to be related to features found on, say, Spiders. Others may be related to left/right hand drive cars. Apart from additional wiring harnesses, the F1 car has notable differences in the instrument panel (but I haven't got enough details on the F1 car to create diagrams for that). I've also been told the fuse numbering is different.

308 GTB and f355spider like this.
  21. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    You are rock star status. Carry on.....

308 GTB and Qavion like this.
  22. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

LOL again made my day east withe the VERY FRIENDLY to read diagrams :)

23. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    You'll probably be needing the 2.7 diagrams, not the 5.2...

Ferrari F355 2.7 Wiring Diagrams

I guess the Challenge has a few added bits, so I don't know how handy they will be.

Let me know if you need some F348 diagrams

Flynt, blox79, SoCal1 and 1 other person like this.
  24. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Thank-you again, Ian.

Barry

Qavion likes this.